New JW... One Can Only Dream

by Gustv Cintrn 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Here are a few of my wishful thoughts that, if came true, would make me enjoy my religion even more:

1. No more end of month time reporting.
    2. Delete one of the 1-day circuit assemblies. May replace with a 'Special Meeting', such as the one we had last year.
    3. Eliminate Friday from the big convention.
    4. No more international conventions! Well, I guess once every 5 years would do.
    5. Innovative ideas about preaching so that it's not such a burden, since most territories here in the US are pretty well covered.
    6. Background checks for all seeking privileges in the congs.
    7. Mandatory reporting all domestic/sexual abuse or accusations to the authorities.
    8. Eliminate the 'second school', just one school is sufficient really.
    9. Cut meeting time; the Sunday mtg can easily be the talk 20 mins, the wt study 25 mins, with songs and prayers.... 1 hour mtg. Same for the mid-week mtg. Cut, delete, combine, whatever, so that we reduce the mtg time. And while wishing, how about just 1 meeting per week?
    10. Reform expulsion policy. May announce somebody's no longer being a JW, but just take away privileges. Do not shun; only limited association with person.

I am holding on to my dream.

GC

• sir82
    sir82

Nothing about blood?

Most if not all of your suggestions will be implemented....probably 50-100 years from now.

• TheListener
    TheListener

What about actually teaching what the bible says instead of what they would like it to say?

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Ohhh, the 'blood' issue... Nope! As it is right now it is pretty watered down. They don't even kick out those that have accepted blood in recent times.

Rumor has it that the Friday elimination from the RC, and the deletion of the second school in the mid-week mtg is coming down the pipe very soon. Oh what a celebration that will be for so many!

GC

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm curious, what don't you like about the second school?

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

The Bible, as all other religious books, will be according to the reader's interpretation.

This is their take on it, and that is what they will teach. Some will like it, the rest can search for another org's view point.

GC

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Oh what a celebration that will be for so many!

Sounds like you actually don't like your religion now. Why would any superficial, meaningless changes make it enjoyable ? If Many JWs would 'celebrate' a cutting back on "Theocratic Activity", doesn't it mean they are hypocrites for pretending to like it now? Isn't all the activity that JWs are obligated to do allegedly mandated by Jehovah through the GB?

TL: What about actually teaching what the bible says instead of what they would like it to say?

Since when did this ever matter to a JW? LOL.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Reform expulsion policy. May announce somebody's no longer being a JW, but just take away privileges. Do not shun; only limited association with person.

So a slow death instead of a quick one? Yeah, what a positive change that would be.

Why should WT decide for anyone who they may or may not associate with?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The Bible, as all other religious books, will be according to the reader's interpretation.

This is their take on it, and that is what they will teach.

You really are dreaming. The GB will never, ever relinquish that much authority.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

#10 will NEVER happen. The whole point of excommunication is the shame of being ostracized. I have zero "priviliges" as they are called. No talks, no bible reading, no microphones, no leading a service group, no one calling me last minute, "Uh...DD, Brother MS can't give his talk because he is out of town ( fishing, hiking, beach, ect..), uh...can you do it??". Lol!

Why should I do the job for some MS?!?! If you are too scared to give a last minute part ( usually an MS who's daddy is an Elder) maybe you shouldnt be one. Anyway, having no privileges is awesome!! Its not a punishment!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit