New JW... One Can Only Dream

by Gustv Cintrn 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I doubt if it would work. There would be no control mechanisms left

• Honesty
    Honesty

Gusty Cintrn, you are begining to sound like an apostate with all those reforms you advocate.

Maybe you should go to your congregation elders and confess your sin against the organization.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Apognophos,

The second school is just redundant, busy work for all, really. Keep one main school so that the conductor do not stress with parts assignments and finding the brothers/sisters that are joyful about giving a part.

I have to give parts quite often, but I do not like it. With one school only, my parts will be few and far between. Believe me, many inside share my view point.

GC

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

KS,

Many years ago, I dreamed about combining mtgs so that there would be less, and then the elimination of the 'book study' came about. It was such a relief! We all loved it!

Recently, when it was announced that there would only be 1-day CAs instead of 2 days, that was great!

Lately, dropping the Friday from the big convention is all we joke about; we can hardly wait!

GC

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jeehoober sure is speeding up the work!

DD

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Data-Dog,

You sure got a very valid point there.

Perhaps disfellowshipped ones can have same type treatment we give non-JWs; courteous, business-like, pleasant, but definitely not close association. That would be fair in my book.

GC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As they say about "The old world" - their organization is irreparable, beyond repair, past mending; hopeless past hope, beyond hope;

and can only be written off to the scrap heap of failed movements

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The second school is just redundant, busy work for all, really.

Doesn't this describe virtually all WT-mandated activities for JWs?

Besides, WT doesn't really do away with any activity. Remember when the Book Study night was eliminated? Did WT tell JWs to enjoy their night off? No. That evening now became "Family Worship Night", and in a very real sense, became much more cumbersome and time-consuming than the book study. In fact, WT made it a point immediately that FWN was to be used for what was essentially just another meeting.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Allow college & sports?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They wouldn't BE Jehovah's Witnesses anymore, and theirein lies the paradox/conundrum.

x

The WTS can't really "mainstream" themselves (they can merely project the outward appearance of it, i.e. JW.org, etc.), because to do so would be tacit admission that they're just another denomination among many, and therefore not God's chosen organization, thus removing a major incentive to stay...

...but at the same time, an increasingly hard-line and draconian stance on flawed internal policies can't help but alienate more and more of the R&F, making them not want to stay, anyway...

s

Damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit