What christians don't want to admit

by opusdei1972 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't like words or thoughts attributed to me, a practicing Christian. Aren't you more properly characterizing evangelicals who depend on an infallible bible?

• designs
    designs

jgnat- what are your views on Jesus death and purpose.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

jgnat....well, Evangelicals, such as I know them here in Brazil and from webpages, believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. ...But I thought you were not a christian, due to some comments I read from you. May be I misunderstood you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

opusdei, I am now an unorthodox Christian. There's more than one kind. I don't like apologist threads that attribute attitudes to athiests, just like I don't like athiest threads who paint all Christians with the same brush.

designs, I think Jesus died for his beliefs and thereby inspired a world-spanning religion.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Jesus died for his beliefs....which were??!!!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

jgnat: I think Jesus died for his beliefs and thereby inspired a world-spanning religion.

I think so, I respect Jesus because I believe he died for his beliefs, but I think his followers did not respect him when they wrote many words that he did not say.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Such are myths born, opus, and always has it been so. I am fascinated by the stories of Thunderbird here in North America. Offensive to me is the pseudo-scientific search for origins and truth in the Christian message that has it's own origins at the dawn of the industrial age. The Catholics know that there was no such ting.

• galaxie
    galaxie

What did jesus say then, I'm all ears!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

galaxie, how can we disentangle at this point what came from Jesus' mouth from the great ideas that were attributed to him afterwards?

• galaxie
    galaxie

What is attributed may be and in some cases so remote from the actuality to render it useless.

And unnecessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit