If a parrot spoke to Eve instead of a serpent??

by jam 38 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

From the 'Bible Teach' Book(tm)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OTWO - Sure, why not

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

OnTheWayOut:

Yeah, after leaving the White House he missed the BS and joined the Borg, under the promise that Paradise was a giant Garden, basically a Golf course with a 96 hole parkour. That mesmerized him. He divorced Mochelle and married a lovely Pioneer sister to be his caddy for eternity.

• jam
    jam

punkofnnice: Interesting picture. Is it me but don't that bird look

devious, making bird calls to Eve in her birthday suit, repeatedly

screaming all day "eat from that tree". Eve would have realized her

nakedness with him around before she ate from the tree, wow girl you look good.

You know thinking about it, maybe a parrot is not a good idea..LOL

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

So long and thanks for all the fish.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jam - Not just you my friend. I remember commenting how horrid that bird looked when I conducted the 'group study(tm)' back in the day. I believe it's from the 'Bible Screech book'.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

LMAO imagine that Parrot with the voice of Gilbert Gottfried, like Iago in Aladin. That would have been the first animal killed in history and mankind would be redemption free!😜

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio
    Parrots don't know what they're saying, but it doesn't stop them from repeating things. I was assuming that the parrot had never heard any words except the ones recorded up to that point in the Bible. So about 50% of the time he'd recite a short poem about women ("This is now bone of my bones, squawk !"), and half the time he'd say not to touch that tree.

Parrots actually do learn the words and do know what they're saying. Anyone that has owned an African Grey or something can easily attest to that. You're repeating early 20th century thinking (and the kind of thing that Awake magazine used to spread to make animals out to be dumber or robotic instead of self aware, thinking creatures, so that Bible theology would work better). They definitely relate words to actions or ideas, and what they say is based on their moods, wants, and desires.

Parrots are extremely intelligent animals, as are crows (who can also speak if they want to).

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You're right, I was imprecise. I acknowledge that parrots can know what they're saying; Alex the African Grey was proof of that. I was responding to sir82, who questioned how a parrot could hold a conversation with Eve about eating from the tree, and was simply pointing out that it could only repeat what it had learned from others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit