POP-UPS-----help !!

by bigmac 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've never seen a Mac with a pop-up problem. Or any problem.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

apog .... do not get too comfortable in that thought.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/new-mac-virus/

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

When I hear this stuff, I am so glad that years ago I switched to Linux, and haven't looked back.

Haven't seen one virus since I started Linux over 14 years ago. I have no virus programs, and for the most part haven't used firewalls either. With Linux, one gets much less crap overall when downloading software. Truly, it has been a big RELIEF away from Microsoft.

Unfortunately, a lot of people give up so easily when they try Linux. It's a pity, because most who learn Linux or Mac don't want anything to do with Windows. I use to volunteer and help Window's users, until I got tired of it, since I found Windows so problematic. What good is a system with 100,000 apps at your disposal if it gets bogged down with a dozen apps? The deterioration rate of Windows after a fresh install is abysmal. No wonder that most corporations have made the switch. What's holding the naysayers back?: FUD! Fear...Uncertainty...and Doubt!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I just went through the same thing and I had a hard time getting rid of all of the spyware and whatever else they attached to my computer. My husband worked on it for hours and finally we called our computer guy out and he cleaned up the rest. It is so irritating because you can't do much of anything when the pop ups come one right after the other. Malware Bytes didn't work with the mess I had. I have no problems with pop ups when I use my IPad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit