Should the constitution be amended to make being and adherent of Islam a crime?

by confusedandalone 27 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

You're welcome to your opinion confusedandalone but I think you are just being childish now.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So is it now bad to use points that you made to support your opinion in another thread. I figure it will be easier for people to say how they truly feel if they are not disagreeing with the site owner. You know the old saying To learn who rules over you ... etc...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

Article 18.

• Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
    Article 30.

• Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

They have done absolutely nothing to us here in America in comparison with the devastation we continue to cause in their own lands!

Hey, how about looking into the damage/deaths some right wing extremists along with other homegrown nuts have caused in our soil, finding out their religious affiliation and going after that faith, will you?

I venture out a wild guess that if we got our noses out of their riches, our bases/personnel out of their lands, and forced Israel into what is fair and just, yes, a two state solution and the vacancy of Palestinian lands, terrorism and hatred towards the West will ease up.

Young Turks. GOOOOOOOO!!!

GC

• Simon
    Simon

So is it now bad to use points that you made to support your opinion in another thread. I figure it will be easier for people to say how they truly feel if they are not disagreeing with the site owner. You know the old saying To learn who rules over you ... etc...

yeah yeah yeah, do you think you've made your point yet confusedandalone or you would like some more toys and a few minutes alone in your pram?

Hmmnn, maybe we could apply your displeasure to islam - what happens to people who disagree with that? So yes - "to learn who rules over you" I guess works well.

Strange that you consider this soooo very important but criticism of a religion that promotes beheading of non-believers? "meh" from you to that.

• Simon
    Simon

AnnOMaly - thanks for those quotes, I think those are well thought through 'rights' and demonstrate that no religious rights should ever be absolute. Treating them as though they are is crazy - it's like saying that prisoners in jail for gun-crime should still have the right to bear arms.

• wifibandit
  • Simon
    Simon

30 trumps 18

Article 30.

• Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

30 trumps 18

Yep. Just because one disagrees with a religion or set of beliefs, it doesn't give that person the right to infringe upon or destroy that right to a person's religion or set of beliefs, or the other rights and freedoms outlined in the Declaration. Yes, ISIS is breaking Article 30 by infringing upon and destroying others' rights and freedoms, but it is a radical, fundamentalist group within Islam. The majority of Muslims just want to practice their religion and live peaceably.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Simon you will know when I think my point has been made. Till then just shut up and enjoy the ride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit