Should the constitution be amended to make being and adherent of Islam a crime?

by confusedandalone 27 Replies latest social current

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Since ISIS is killing people in the Middle East and apparently they are invaded the rest of the earth with their hateful beliefs should we as AMERICANS take the steps necessary to amend the constitution to say something along the lines of

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion except in regards to Islam, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof except in regards to Islam; or abridging the freedom of speech , or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble except in regards to Islam, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Thoughts?

• Simon
    Simon

define 'religion'

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble" seems to be a key part. Do no harm to others overrides all other clauses.

Dear Government

We would like you to recognise our religion please. We believe that black people are inferior and we should have the right to enslave them and kill any who object.

Sincerely
    KKK

Really? You'd support that would you?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

You do realize that you have once again without a doubt have shown many people here JUUUST what kind of person you are? I like it!!!

Anyway back to the topic.

Yo do realize it is not illegal to be a part of the KKK. Many consider them to be a part of the Chrisitian religion. They are free to hold those beliefs have meetings and march around passing out pamphlets. However when they act upon those beliefs and do injury to other people they break other laws and in turn suffer consequences.

Would I support their right to believe what they want to believe, of course I would. I do not have to like, but I haev to allow them the freedom to have their beliefs.

• Simon
    Simon

So you just argued against your original point? Good job!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Belief in a particular religion is basically thought. Trying to legislate thought is an impossible task. Any external manifestation of that thought-- excercise, speech, assembly-- is the only thing which could even be legislated or controled by an outside party.

I would argue that any exercise, speech, or assembly associated with any religion or group that is physically harmful to another person is already illegal. No matter how hateful a belief is, it cannot bring physical harm to another person. Physical harm to others may be caused by someone with hateful beliefs, but it is the physical action (not the belief) that causes the harm. Physical actions that harm others are already illegal in this country-- no constitutional amendment needed.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If the religious ideology is evil, then of course a U.S. Constitutional amendment needs to be made.

The ideology of slavery was evil and was eventually done away with in the United States at great cost of lives.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My bad.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

How about the US rent some offshore territory to a select group of imams and committed muslims from Sharia ruled countries (a territory ideally with lots of loose rocks) allowing them to operate sharia law as they see fit and then sends all American muslims on a religious trip where one thing happens. They must express to the select group whether and why they would prefer to live in the US or a Sharia ruled country. Those expressing a sharia desire can, courtesy of western largesse be flown to an appropriate country for free. Everyone else...

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

You sure give honor to your avatar name "confused".

Islam is a religion just like Christianity is. Anything going against "freedom of religion" is about as un-American as anyone can be.

Another 'Fox propaganda fed' individual, are we?!

GC

• confusedandalone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit