New songs coming

by kneehighmiah 48 Replies latest jw friends

• toweragent
    toweragent

No Apognophos, I find it very unproductive and a bit wasteful. But like Justnowout said, it will probably be a digital download for us to put in our books until they print another batch.

I personally feel that a lot of the Kingdom Songs have major POTENTIAL, especially the Victory Song (132), but the powers that be seems to cut them off at the knees so that they are lifeless and have no soul.

Having said that, he said that these songs will be a bit different than what we are used to. They are field testing them to see how the friends react.

So...we'll see. We were also told that about this abomination as well.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

My guess is:

1. Sir Duke

2: JW.org ( A new dance # replaces the tune of YMCA)

3) I did it the GB Way (to the tune of , I did it my way)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

But like Justnowout said, it will probably be a digital download for us to put in our books until they print another batch.

I guess I also find it hard to believe that there will be songs that require a smart phone/tablet in order to sing. I don't do any of that digital crap. Perhaps they'll have the sheet music available to print out and insert at the back of our songbooks.

• processor
  • Absalom
    Absalom

New songs are The Kingdom is in Place -Let it Come

Grant us Boldness

Jehovah is your name

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Two questions:

1. What's so special about those 3 songs, that they thought it was necessary to update/republish a songbook that was newly issued a few short years ago?

2. Was that the only "big news" that came out of the special Bethel meeting that was held ahead of the Annual Meeting this weekend?

I wonder if they've all be directed to learn the new songs this week and those will be the ones sung at the Annual Meeting this weekend. Just a guess.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Oh, and I can't wait to hear the first JW say something to the effect of:

"This is so exciting! The Faithful Slave has given us these wonderful special new songs. It's amazing how quickly the Chariot is moving. It's getting hard to keep up!"

(Ignoring, or not recognizing the fact that a new song has nothing to do with the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.)

• sir82
    sir82

It is really odd that they'd make a big hullabaloo over 3 new songs.

Is it maybe some sort of "reward" for the composers / lyricists?

Or (more likely) it's just a bit of fluff that will excite and distract the gullible and desperate.

• Absalom
    Absalom

My family was there last night and they are super excited about the new songs.

Also said one of the GB said lots of New light will be released Saturday.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If they're to be sung at the AGM, the friends'd better get to practicing! No time to spare!

On another note, I have to admit my surprise that the AGM is not being streamed to Halls or broadcast to assemblies this year. Perhaps they simply couldn't get all the Halls online in time. But I really thought it would be a regular occurrence. Though we do have this Zone visit thing being streamed soon, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit