Spiritually strong people don't care what others think of them.

by hoser 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

Tons of info out there. I read other info on her denying painmeds as people died in agony because their suffering was important to god or some such nonsense.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mother+theresa+let+people+suffer&oq=mother&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i59l2j69i60.3988j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

• Comatose
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

4thgen, you're reading things into my words that I clearly did not say. I've noticed you doing that on other threads as well.

By the way, the idea that "Not caring what others think is a hallmark trait of antisocial behavior, sociopaths and psychopaths" is not one that I dreamt up on my own. This is consensus of mental health professionals world wide.

Did you read the article from the Psych Central website which I linked and which you quoted? The very first sentence of that article says:

• Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of a disregard for other people’s rights

Are you familiar with the concept of sets and subsets? These are often illustrated with Venn diagrams.

Although a disregard for others is indeed a hallmark of APD, not every one that is selfish and unconcerned for other's feelings, thoughts and values is necessarily a sociopath. I didn't say that, nor did I imply it.

Please do not try to twist my words to suggest I said things which I did not say.

That being said, you have a curious way of confusing the meaning of "self-assurance" with an utter and contemptuous disregard for the feelings of others. They are completely unrelated personality traits.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

This thread is entitled: Spiritually strong people don't care what others think of them.

You wrote: "I completely disagree with your premise. I think mature people DO care what others think, especially people close to themselves, those that they love and care for, and they carefully take it into consideration....Not caring what others think is a hallmark trait of antisocial behavior, sociopaths and psychopaths."

I said that i disagree with your comment. It was very harsh in its context.

How can I be twisting your words when I am quoting them back to you as written?

Again, since this thread is: "Spiritually strong people don't care what others think of them" You said you 'completely disagree'.

I took exception to your 'hallmark' comment, that I QUOTED back to you. It gave the impression of being very judgmental.

Why can't you just let it alone that I disagree with you? Isn't this a free country? Well...WHATEVER.....I guess it just comes down to the fact that I don't care if you agree with me or not. And I do take exception to judgmental statements....after all, isn't that one of the reasons we left the JW's?

• prologos
    prologos

spiritual strong people are pioneers

pioneers dont care that

49.9% of householder think they are rude in cold calling, the other

49.9% think that the callers are nuts to believe, push these beliefs.

so much for spiritual strong people.

* 4thgen I like the points in your list.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Thanks, Prologos. We have a great player on our team, and I feel like I've been hit with a couple of bean balls! I'm gonna have some strong coffee and take a walk. Is it too early for a shot of Jack?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I think spiritual strong people influence rather than try to control a persons thinking.

I mean for a challenge think of a spiritual strong person you have known in your life? What set this person apart from other religiouse leaders?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I guess all these spiritually strong people who don't care what others think about them, must have their reasons, myself I like to stay away from thinking of myself as spiritiually strong, because for the life of me I don't even know what a spiritually strong person is or is supposed to be like, but maybe a little arrogance towards other peoples opinon?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I think a spiritual strong person refuses to accept religiouse teaching that conflicts with his own reason. They do not favour people based on race, religion,or status. They do not think that God favors them above anybody else. Indeed a spiritual strong person does not to even believe in God.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

4thgen: How can I be twisting your words when I am quoting them back to you as written?

You're not twisting them when you quote them, you're twisting them when you misinterpret them in your own editorial commentaries.

4thgen: I said that i disagree with your comment. It was very harsh in its context.

Well then you apparently think the collective opinion of mental health professionals worldwide is harsh.

4thgen: Your comment ... maybe true in the clinical sense

Again, as per the DSM, it is true, and not just in the clinical sense, it is true in every sense.

4thgen: ... it puts down people that are so self assured and do not care what others think of them.

And again, YOU are confusing people that are "self assured" with those that "do not care what others think of them." You have made this conflation in YOUR mind. I neither explicitly stated this nor did I intend to imply it. I suffer from no confusion in my mind about these two completely separate personality traits.

I never put down anyone that is "self assured." You've quoted me so you know WHAT I said. Still somehow you have misunderstood it.

Self assured and confident is NOT the same as not caring for the opinions of others. It's apples and orangutans.

4thgen: It read like you a are lumping self assured pople into the category of being psychopaths.

And yet again, you apparently read it this way, but I did not say that. The confusion is in your mind. I have repeatedly attempted to clarify that I did not way what you think I said.

4thgen: Is it too early for a shot of Jack?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit