I phones...I dont understand it?

by new hope and happiness 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's no question the marketing hype such as what Microsoft and Apple produce has a causative effect on people's psychological state.

The hype adds to the alluring aspect to their products.

The WTS does the same things with its products namely new literature at Assemblies.

Create an aura of arousal toward the product first with commercially appealing hype, then wait for the line ups to occur.

Wait your turn brothers and sisters.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I stopped standing in line years ago. The book room the next day was more than fine with me. Only once in my life did i ever go straight somewhere and read the new book, mostly it was always same old stuff written a differnt was. And with the newest twisted light!!

Dwain

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If you don't understand it now you never will.

same with handbags and shoes...

As you know there is the iSynapse, the car synapse, the football synapse, the handbag and high-heeled shoe synapse.

Biology turns us all into whores for one or the others...

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@jgnat: I am ticked off because iOS requires 4 gig's of memory and is demanding I remove all my photos to make room. Well, what in the heck do I have an iPhone for, anyways?

No, that's what the icloud is for ;)

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

• Viviane
    Viviane

I won't wait in a queue more than 5 minutes to even buy groceries. It it's more than that, I just leave.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Cabbage Patch dolls were all the rage, people waited in long lines trying to get them. I don't know who would care now! Also the Wii, that was more recent. The stores would sell out as soon as they hit the shelves. I still have never played Wii.

Harry Potter books, lots of folks waited for days in line to get the latest editions first. Remember all those movies about Broadway show people who stayed up waiting for the papers to see the reviews.

It's all just accordin' to what you're into, and focused on. Me, i'm getting my phone updated to an LG with a querty.

Marina

• Terry
    Terry

MIKE says:

Terry: as i once said to my uncle who smoke and drunk." why do you waste so much time and money smoking"?

His reply " Why do you waste so much time in your chuch" ?

When he gave that reply to me i felt sorry for him.... i am sure he felt sorry for me.

That's rather a good and balanced comparison. Both behaviors are annoying to those who are similarly inclined. Both lead to ever-increasing problems later in life.

Back on topic:

There are people who are GEARHEADS. They are in love with all things technology.

When I was younger, I was that way about Hi-Fi. I spent way too much time and money on reading about and experiencing the latest developments

in Stereophonic, Quadraphonic, (fill-in-the-blank aphonic) gizmos. Now, my eldest daughter is a GEARHEAD. She also works for Apple.

She came home with an iPhone 6Plus two days ago.

It is impressive. The refinements over the last twenty years to telecommunication are astounding.

Because I'm 67, the larger screen is a boon. But, I can't say I'm comfortable watching Netflix or HuluPlus on my phone. I need my laptop at a minimum

for screensize. I am not comfotable reading anything at length on a phone screen, either.

Like most technology, it is probably aimed more at youth than old age and wisdom :)

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

WOW! Someone else who loves the old westerns!!!!! Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, The Rifleman....I had the biggest crush on Clint Walker. Yummy!Do you remember Annie Oakley??

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Terry Honey - are you saying you are wise

or old

an old git

or a wise old git??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The cost of these phones are getting ridiculous as the latest Iphone 6plus 128g. is $1000.00 without a contract.

One thing I've noticed over the years is cell phones for teenagers/adolescents is like their most important thing they own and cherish.

Weird as it may seem, when I was their age it was cars, cloths and girls.

How times have changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit