When did you have your first date??

by Nicolas 10 Replies latest social relationships

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I'm 19 years old and I still don't have a girlfriends, I'm starting to think that I'm not normal. What is the average age for this?

• Mulan
    Mulan

My youngest son was about 19 when he had his first girlfriend. He met her in college. He was shy, and reclusive. It took a special kind of girl to draw him out. Now he is nearly 23, and he married her. Very happily married too!!

Don't worry. You are still really young. My eldest son, was more outgoing, and didn't have a girlfriend until he was about 20. He had a few more in between before he met his wife, and married at 26.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Nikita
    Nikita

I was about 19 when I had my first date. It felt like it would never ever happen!

Nikita

"I think you ought to like what you do. Because there's a reasonably
    good chance no one else is going to."
    Rich Mullins

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hell man, I'm 29 and it still hasn't happend yet, atleast I don't think so.. I've had friends who are girls, or women, or wh.. well, they're not whatever, they are female. But the thing is I've been in public with them, I don't think I've ever done the dinner and a movie thing or whatever you consider as a standard date. Of course, these are not people I consider "girlfriends", but to me there are lots of shades of gray. It seems often adult relationships are just implicit versions of kids saying "so you want to me boyfriend-girlfriend? Like go steady?" or something. What the hell?

This is how I see relationships. I'm me, you're you, we're friends, we get to know each other, we become closer friends, and so on. I don't meet someone, think she's dreamy, do the meal/entertainment thing on a regular basis, wonder if she like me, come to some point where I confront my uncertainty and talk about "us", and so on. To me that's just plain silly. I think you just gotta let relationships develop, unfortunately they don't sell them at K-Mart yet. (hey, that's all I could afford)

• LB
    LB

Ummm, guess I should be happy I wasn't raised a witness. My first steady girlfriend was age 15. Aaaaaah, I remember the day. You could have sex with a girl and it was always good. Girl have an orgasm? Are you nuts???

Now there is pressure, she has to have an orgasm. Good grief, what has the world come to anyway.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Satanus
    Satanus

I heard that some have sex before they date. I heard some start as young as 14.

I'm not sure if i ever had a date. I managed to get some sex, though. My advice is try to get either sex or a date, whichever.

SS

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Don't feel bad Nicolas, if you're telling the truth.
    I didn't start dating until after i left home and was 19. Got laid when it was my 20th birthday...man, that was a real mindf&^%, let me tell ya.
    the dustrabbit.

To do list:
    1.Still waiting to goose the Organization.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I didn't have my first kiss until I was 27.

• Xena
    Xena

I think (it has been awhile you know) my first date was when I was about 21. I broke away from the dubs and started dating nice worldly guys...lol they tend to be less picky than JW ones

Don't worry you have plenty of time. Just find some people to be friends with and see where it leads....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We had to sneak out to a park late at night to meet. I was one of those JWs who was by consensus not allowed to date… the old “don’t take unless you are getting married” bit was applied to me more than others.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit