Craziest demon/magic/supernatural stories you heard when you were a JW

by EndofMysteries 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Share yours, I'll start if off, I have a few I heard from the platform or from other JW's.

One from the platform, a witch was studying with JW's, and she had a relationship with demons/spirits. When she was studying they turned on her and threatened her if she didn't stop. The grand finale was they materialized somewhat and surrounded her house at night.

I heard a fellow JW say when he was in school, this martial artist who was studying said let me show you how sick martial arts are. He waved his hand over food on the cafeteria counter and flames appeared on them.

One female JW said when she had to have emergency surgery and the only hospital that could do it was a catholic hospital. At some point headless nuns float into her room and try to choke her, then she yells Jehovah and they vanish.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I heard one years ago: A woman was studying with the JW's. She had made a call to a psyhic phone line prior to her bible study. When the sister and her companion arrive , they say a prayer before the study starts and all of a sudden---the pictures on the walls start spinning and the TV goes on and off. The woman then admits that she called the psyhic line and talked with them. True story---true in that someone really repeated it to me-ha ha!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Gee it's quite the coincedence that most of these stories are from the 70's and early 80's before everyone had some sort of video recorder.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The next time a JW mentions 'demons' or 'evil spirits', just laugh and say: 'Oh, and I suppose you also believe in ghosts, goblins, leprechauns, the tooth fairy and Santa Clause??? Like demons, they are just figments of some people's imagination'. I doubt saying this will make any difference, however. Their minds are made up.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

My mom use to tell us about the little Cupid that was a foot tall that raped a woman over and over until she threw away a necklace that was under the carpet.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

OOoo I just remembered another good one. I forgot if it was in a talk or not but this supposed JW family bought a couch from a yard sale. They started having some sort of demon problems. Don't know if they found out or assumed the couch was from somebody who practiced magic or something, but they tried to burn the couch and it wouldn't catch on fire, so they were convinced demons were keeping it from burning. I forgot what happened but it's not every day you hear about a possessed sofa haha.

• sd-7
    sd-7

My mom often told us that demons were speaking to her, and that was what prompted her to become a JW. She said they would tell jokes and threaten her. They supposedly told her that the JWs were the ones who knew the truth about them, so she called the KH and started a 'Bible study'.

She also concluded that the demons were talking to my great aunt in the days before my great aunt died, and that they were supposedly threatening her and telling her she was going to die. So...I've had some interesting times growing up, you could say.

--sd-7

• Londo111
    Londo111

For creatures with superhuman intelligence, they aren’t too bright. Why harass people who are studying? Or tell people JWs have the truth? Wouldn’t this make the people they want to deceive to join the “one true religion”?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Actually Londo, if you think about it, since learning TTATT, they would do those things because it's a false religion lol.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

A little reverse psychology on their part. Then those who want to see them and know they exist so that they will keep believing they would be silent and invisible. Ahhh ,that's why we never see or hear anything lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit