My Mom Hopes I Die Before The Great Tribulation Comes

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Sorry I know this is a bit off the original subject but..... yes I did think about the flood situation and Sodom and Gomorrah. But it still doesn't actually say that innocent children will die at armageddon at any point in the bible. Also no man can judge another as that is down to Jehovah but still they do it all the time. When I said to her it wasn't her place to judge and she couldn't and shouldn't say that she said "no I cant as it's not up to me, but you will die and so will they" then I said "but you cant say that because you dont get to make that decission" and it went on like that round and round for about 5 mins.... *Sigh*

By the way I have just left the Organisation and joined here yesterday. So all pretty new and raw at the moment!

Also I agree with smiddy!!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

So she would like a copy/cloning of her meet a copy/cloning of you in a new world order. Maybe that would be nice for those copies....but those copies are not the same as the original human beings. It's more than tragic.

+

• blondie
    blondie
    Children

Children are considered to share in the sins of their parents, so babies will die at Armageddon if their parents are considered unworthy of salvation.

"What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48
    "Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity." Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463 Questions From Readers
    "By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Thanks for that Blondie. Feeling great right now! lol

• bemused
    bemused

So if you die one day before the GT you can be resurrected to eternal life but die the next day and it's all over? Absolutely bonkers.

• minimus
    minimus

yes blondie, my mother does think she has failed me somewhere along the line. She wonders what she did wrong to have me ultimately go down such a wrong path.

• blondie
    blondie

FeelingFree, not written or believed by me but by the WTS, so you can thank them. Many jws live in la-la land pretending this isn't the official teaching. Remember I have said that my father was not a jw but my mother was. How often well-meaning jws would come up to us telling us we had to be good children so my father would become a jw and not die at Armageddon or not get a resurrection if he died b etween 1914 and the GT. The WTS believed that was that period of time was a judgment period because they believed the separating work had started then. Now they believe that the separating work starts shorty after the GT starts meaning that non-jws who die before the GT will be resurrected. (Amazing how the WTS puts people into Gehenna and then years later snatches them out).

When dealing with the WTS it is best to look at what they have put in print ntn what individual jws say...always get it in writing and with at least one scripture to back it up.

Minimus, if parents had that kind of influence over us, how can we explain the case of Hezekiah whose father Ahaz was evil and whose son was Manasseh, who tossed his children into the fire.

Ahaz evil father = good son Hezekiah

Good father Hezekiah = evil son Manasseh

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Im sure mine thinks that way too, however, if she ever were t o say that, Ill simply point out that when Jesus truned to the criminal

hanging next to him, who on his death bed , so to speak, said remember me, and jesus said you will be with me in paradise.

so there apparently was no judgment time for this man, if he got paradise.

becasue all the bbile says is believe and youll be saved, so, they guy believed, and i guess he was saved, so dear mom, i can on my death bed be 'saved' if i ask to be remembered.

ill go with that for now

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Haha thanks for clearing that up Blondie. I did ask my husband (lurkernomore) if your were still a believer, he said no and explained what you were trying to get across. I'm just need to get used to how it all works on here, whats what, who's who etc.

Whats funny or a bit embarrasing is the fact that you seem know more about the religion I just left than I do! Shows where my head has been these past few years.....I don't think I can just blame that on having a child distracting me! :/ I was obviously "weak" for a long time...... haha

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Mom: "Minimus...I hope you die before the Tribulation comes because that's the only way you're going to make it into the

New System."

Minimus: " Should I be worried ?? "Didn't Jim Jones have similar thoughts just before he served arsenic laced KoolAid to his followers ?? "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit