My Mom Hopes I Die Before The Great Tribulation Comes

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I'm so, so sorry.

• minimus
    minimus

They try to make people afraid, keep them in a perpetual state of fear.

• blondie
    blondie

If jws think that people are more or less assured a resurrection if they die before the GT, why isn't the WTS issue handguns for jws to send people to Sheol with a bullet to the head?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What a nice sentiment to relate to your own child.

Kind of tells a story of the heartfelt compassion JWS have toward non believers.

As disgusting as that is, it shows the fear induced mental brainwashing going on at evey JW meeting.

The real problem occurs when people who have been mentally indoctrinated to think that a great tribulation

is about to happen as well Armageddon and it doesn't for decades over decades, these ones are more psychologically

susceptible to purpose their own suggestions from out of those intransigent beliefs.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

But that makes no sense. I was always of the understanding that if you had knowledge and the opportunity to learn but you wilfully rejected the organistion and therefore Jehovah, you will not get a resesurrection even if you die before Armageddon?

Anyway I'm sorry, thats a horrible thing to have to hear from your mother. My Mother-in-Law told me yesterday that my children will die at Armageddon, I said that was utter rubbish and what kind of loving God would kill innocent children. Asked her to tell me exactly where it said that in the bible and she couldn't but she still said it was true. I told her I could not be part of something where fear was used to keep people in "the truth". Her answer was that I had never made "the truth" my own and had no faith!

These people.....

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS uses Ezekiel 9:4-6

and points to that no children survived the flood or Sodom and Gomorrah.

*** w08 7/15 pp. 5-6 pars. 10-11 The House-to-House Ministry—Why Important Now? ***

The importance of the house-to-house ministry can be seen from a vision given to the prophet Ezekiel. In that vision, Ezekiel sees six men with weapons in their hands as well as a seventh man clothed in linen with a secretary’s inkhorn at his side. The seventh man is told to “pass through the midst of the city” and “put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.” Following that marking work, the six men with the slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark.—Read Ezekiel 9:1-6.

11 We understand that in the fulfillment of this prophecy, the man “clothed in linen” represents the remnant of spirit-anointed Christians. By means of the preaching and disciple-making work, the anointed class puts a symbolic mark on those who become part of Christ’s “other sheep.” (John 10:16) What is the mark? It is the evidence, as if displayed on their uncovered foreheads, that such sheep are dedicated, baptized disciples of Jesus Christ and that they have put on the Christlike new personality. (Eph. 4:20-24) These sheeplike ones become one flock with anointed Christians and assist them in their vital work of marking still others.—Rev. 22:17.

*** w07 7/1 p. 13 par. 7 Highlights From the Book of Ezekiel—I ***

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark—the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality—is essential for surviving the “great tribulation.” (Matthew 24:21) Anointed Christians, represented by the man with the secretary’s inkhorn, are taking the lead in doing the marking work, that is, the Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making work. If we want to retain our mark, we must zealously help them in this work.

----------The WTS no longer teaches that people who die between 1914 and the GT will not be resurrected. They even teach that the separating of the sheep and goats does not take place until after the GT starts.

• minimus
    minimus

so I have a shot at life?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

so I have a shot at life?

But mini, you are deliberately sinning. If faithful JWs aren't going to be resurrected for things like not showing up to clean the Kingom Hall or going to a different convention than the one they are assigned to, then how the heck does your ma figure you will get a resurrection? I mean, you are an apostate. That and I am pretty sure from your posts that you are a big ole fornicator.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Everyone is going to die before Armageddon, dopey!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Be carefull not to turn your back on her , is all I`m saying.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit