Armageddon is next week... Are YOU prepared?

by Calebs Airplane 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I Can't believe I was so caught up in it all with the go bag and everything. Cults really do have a way of controlling their members.

So glad I am out

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Kazoo.. check.

Leather chaps.. check.

Midgets.. check.

Shit load of movies.. check.

Banana moles.. check.

Yep, I'm good!!

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, everyone has their own definition of Armageddon.

Having a go bag is not a bad idea considering earthquakes, floods, tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DD - What's a Banana Mole?

• mana11
    mana11

noah was a preacher of R for 40 years,, 1975 plus 40 is 2015.. 1 year early...

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Finally! We're all soooooo sick of waiting!!

I would not be one bit surprised if there's a mass exodus by the end of the year. This generation is growing quite intolerant of the "Wolf is coming!" false calls.

Although so many of us inside just appreciate the social/moral aspects of it and nothing more. Just one more religion, that's all.

GC

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Why do you all think they think it'd be tomorrow? If we went by 100 years wouldn't that be numerology?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Crimson... That's not what JWs think...

but for those of us who remember all the mid-80's Armageddon buzz in the JW community, it was not uncommon to hear elders and COs saying things like " Armageddon is only a few years away" or "this system will not go past 1999" or "the furthest away Armageddon can possibly arrive is 2014".... of course, they'll deny this now, but many of us heard these words mentioned from the platform, in field service, and in casual conversation... So here we are... At the threshold of the furthest possible Armageddon date...

(I do realize they gave themselves a way out by overlapping 2 generations and calling these 1 generation... but this must surely have a lot of JWs looking at their calendar more frequently than usual)

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's already Oct 2nd in certain parts of the world. So far, have heard zero news stories about the start of the Big-A.

Marvin Martian Where's the Kaboom

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 24:44) 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

I always called this the JC version of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

the quantum-mechanical principle, formulated by Heisenberg, that measuring either of two related quantities, as position and momentum or energy and time, produces uncertainty in measurement of the other.

So if jws think it is coming on a certain date, NOT!

I showed this scripture to many, many jws (while I was one) from the 1966 start of the 1975 fiasco and long after that, and I probably will as long as the opportunity presents itself and I still have my mental capabilities.

Jws and others forget that the scripture was describing when a thief would come, that you could not pinpoint the time, so you would have to be constantly vigilant.

So when jws think they can pinpoint the time, they are totally disregarding the foundation of this scripture.

(info meant for believers and to readjust them)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit