Mom Not Happy About JW.org

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I can see a lot of old die hard JW's being upset about the rebranding of the JW cult. They are closer to death and each day the fraud GB promises look more like the lies they are. There is probably also the pressure to buy all these new tech gagets, and many older ones are on limited incomes. Probably many are jealous of those that can afford and already do have the tech gagets.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Interesting that JW.org is coming out/being pushed in the 100th year of Armageddon not arriving and Jesus Christ not doing a damn thing.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ Heaven

What are you talking about? You say that Jesus Christ has not done a "damn thing." What about JW.ORG?!?! He's done that hasn't he? That's better than any other single thing he could have done! Wipe out death? Not even close. Wipe out sickness? Why when you can look at JW.ORG all day when you're sick? Wipe out poverty? You can afford to be poor in a world filled with JW.ORG.

It is the panacea that Jesus assured his followers. Remember what he says in Matthew 5, "Happy are those who yearn and cry out for wisdom, for JW.ORG belongs to them."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nosferatu - "Her response blew me away. 'This is getting stupid'."

I had a hunch that at least some long-timers might end up being put off by the Org's recent shenanagins (including the JW.org hype).

AnnOMaly - "The appearance makes it look more like a business venture than a religious one."

By that logic, it's the most honest thing the WTS has ever done...

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's interesting (some of) the rank and file are so orgasmic. Why?

a) Anything the GB does is exciting because they have little else to get excited about.

b) They're finally entering the 20th century with this newfangled technology. (Yes, I meant 20th.)

c) They're hoping the site will do so well they won't have to preach at all anymore.

d) They love the new campaigns that only require them to tell people to visit a website--no memorizing "overcoming objections" from the Reasoning book (or whatever they're using nowadays).

e) Orgasms are an appropriate response to GB innovations.

f) All of the above.

g) Sparlock.

• hellenback
    hellenback

It makes sense though Most people will check out a website rather than read a magazine.Kids are playing on Ipads & Mobile phones at 2 & 3 years old they cannot read yet but can use the internet. Its the first bit of common sense the people at the top have used.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

What do you think the new brand represents?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think the new brand represents desperation. They're seeing the numbers fall and the abundance of "apostate" information popping up on the internet. If I were on the inside, I would have been saying "It's about time they started working on the appeal of the organization OTHER than petting lions and seeing dead loved ones in the new system." I mean, they're finally working at making the org more appealing for children. However, they're still going to have difficulty when it comes to teenagers. What appeal does the org have for teenagers? There's no interesting music, no youth groups, no nothing. Teenagers are more likely to be the ones going on the internet and stumbling across things. Eventually, we may see more things that appeal to that age group.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

new hope and happiness - "What do you think the new brand represents?"

Desperation?

The cult equivalent of a mid-life crisis?

A collective nervous breakdown?

Some bizarre three-way mash-up of the above?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebel - "It's interesting (some of) the rank and file are so orgasmic. Why?"

a) Anything the GB does is exciting because they have little else to get excited about.
    b) They're finally entering the 20th century with this newfangled technology. (Yes, I meant 20th.)
    c) They're hoping the site will do so well they won't have to preach at all anymore.
    d) They love the new campaigns that only require them to tell people to visit a website--no memorizing "overcoming objections" from the Reasoning book (or whatever they're using nowadays).

Yup.

Makes it way easier to be a die-hard loyalist now, whilst (internally) the Org double-downs on the more authoritarian of its policies...

BTW, e) was funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit