Mom Not Happy About JW.org

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Saw my parents yesterday, and I brought up the subject of the JW.ORG signs with my mother. Her response blew me away. "This is getting stupid".

What? Did I hear this correctly?

My mother's a die hard and will probably never leave, but she thinks the rebranding is a bad idea. She was even disgusted when I showed her the picture of the assembly hall.

I can't help but wonder how many other JWs feel this way.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Probably quite a few but they won't say so. It usually takes afew years for these things to sink in. Give your mum time and gentle encouragement and she may see that this is the tip of the iceberg.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not my mom.

She thinks they're leaders of the pack in internet technology.

Doc

• Absalom
    Absalom

The Dubs in my congo practically had an organism when it was announced we were getting a jw.org sign on our kh.

These people are looking for anything to get excited about, but then again when you live groundhogs day over and over again...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I wonder what previous marketing experience the brains behind this jw.org campaign had.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Nosferatu, glad to hear that about your mom. Her feeling that way seems to indicate to me that she's at least somewhat discerning, honest, real, etc.

I, too, wonder how many other JWs feel that way. Would love to know what they're really thinking. Their feelings might depend on how intelligent and/or tech-aware they are. I think my mom is like DesirousOfChange's mom; she's naive and thinks the org is blazing new trails in the name of Jah. She doesn't know how far behind they are.

I think that there are only a few JWs remaining who are intelligent and discerning and honest. I think they're the only ones who see something wrong. The rest will be excited about and love whatever the org does because they're naive and gullible.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Question: Are the jw.org signs supposed to replace the 'Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses' signs or be in addition to them?

It is getting silly. The appearance makes it look more like a business venture than a religious one.

• sir82
    sir82

Interesting, but the WTS doesn't give a flying fig what your mom thinks.

JW.org is an attempt to appeal to the under-30 demographic.

Of course, a boring & pedestrian website such as "Jw.org" doesn't hold much appeal to milennials, but in their typical clueless fashion, the WTS appear to be incapable of grasping that.

Some marketing agency made a Powerpoint pitch indicating that a web-site would improve their "brand recognition", "market share", "appeal to kids", etc. The WTS bought it, but doesn't really have much interesting content to fill it with.

They do have videos, which appeal to the very young, but what else? Simplistic pap written at a 4th grade level, offering homilies and platitudes.

• clarity
    clarity

Bluebell

They might just as well add a bit more advertizing

to the KH buildings .......they could sell the space,

and then send the money to the world wide work!!!

hahahahhhahahahahhahaa ...what a bunch of dorks!

clarity

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The die-hard are loving it! JW.ORG is the solution to the JW's crying out...."Give us a King!!! Give us a King!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit