"Jehovah's Witnesses do better after surgery without transfusion" - Article (July 3, 2012)

by Da.Furious 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I haven't looked at this particular referenced study, but if related to the one I DID look at, they really skewed the results by readying the JWs with nutritional and other medical preparation for some time before surgery to make sure that they were as well prepared as possible (all proped up with as much help as possible). It wasn't really a fair study as the patients who took blood did NOT get any special preparation beyond normal. EVERY single patient would have had significantly improved results had they had the same preparation. So, to me, it looks like a study that was commissioned by the borg. If this is the same one-there you go.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@little_Socrates: if the surgeon knows you will refuse blood he/she will be much more carefull with your surgery.

Ergo if the surgeon knows you will accept blood he/she will be much less carefull with your surgery

That's a worry?

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

It all comes down this, in reference to the blood issue: Being a true JW is not for cowards or the faint of heart.

GC

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

...Only for the gullible. Keep on living that misapplied ancient Jewish law, brother. Fight the power.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It all comes down this, in reference to the blood issue: Being a true JW is not for cowards or the faint of heart.....GC

....................A person would need the abilty to think to be either of those..

.............................The WBT$ isn`t interested in people who think..

...................................The WBT$ needs Jehobot Witnesses!..

........................Must Die For WatchTower..Must Die For WatchTower..

.......................................................Thinking Bad..

.........................Must Die For WatchTower..Must Die For Watchtower..

....................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

There are many passages in the Bible where it shows servants of God losing their lives while doing his will. In modern times there have been many instances in which also servants of God have died as a consequence of following their beliefs.

Once one believes that abstaining from blood in all its forms complies with God's command, and in addition one also believes in a future resurrection, then it's perfectly understandable why some are steadfast about refusing any treatment which violates our 'no blood' policy. This is one big faith issue.

Good thing medicine has advanced so much that there are even bloodless surgeries of all kinds. There is a biblical verse in which Jesus says that those trying to preserve life in disobedience will lose their life, while those that lose their life while obeying him will recover their life; one must have faith in the resurrection.

GC

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have a serious question for you, GC. Why do you believe that taking a blood transfusion is the same as eating blood (which is what the Bible says not to do)?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Once one believes that abstaining from blood in all its forms complies with God's command, and in addition one also believes in a future resurrection, then it's perfectly understandable why some are steadfast about refusing any treatment which violates our 'no blood' policy. This is one big faith issue......GC

........................Dead JWs have a good a chance of being Resurrected..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....,,As all the other JWs who have been Ressurected..

................................Loyal Dead WBT$ JW`s in the Field Service..

................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

GC, it's great to have you here participating freely in a healthy exchange of ideas. This could never ever happen on a pro-JW forum.

Back to the topic: Your sentiments about being prepared to die for obeying God are universally embraced by all manner of "believers" - so that sentiment is not even in question on this thread.

The thread has focused on a specific research outcome that appears based on non-matched comparison samples. That's it.

Researchers aim to conduct research on matched samples so that alternative explanations for outcomes can be ruled out and claims of superior treatment methods stand on firmer grounds.

Introductory papers on social science research designs have a lot of helpful explanations on why it is crucial for researchers to do everything possible to "hold key variables constant" such as pre-operation physical health, age, gender, level of pre-op care etc. If we do not know the extent to which these sorts of variables were 'held constant', it reduces the generalizability of the research findings.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

its always preffered to have surgery without blood, for obvious reasons. one being that when they put the volume into you often times a weal heart cannot pump the quanity and they suffer heart failure. this is a mistake on the hospital staff.

however only when your life is being threatend and there is no other way would I accept one. blood looses its oxygen in 72 hours, id did my father no good.

the injection that many thing is better to get to imporve blood count is also very dangerous. sometimes we just cant make miricles happen. we do what we can at the time.

as for the belief that perhaps G.C may have, let me ask, are you under the law of moses? if so, why are you not doing all the other laws and sacrifices?

jesus fullfilled the law. but did he get rid of it? he was bound by it. he spoke of it, so I dont think so, but paul said we do not have to be under the law to have Gods grace. we cant cherry pick which laws to follow, as for me, im not an israelite, thank you very much, so im good.

sorry i still dont know how to spell check on here my computer wont auto do it on this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit