The WT's biggest deception?

by BU2B 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination.

I am a lover of truth. Only lies and liars suffer from an examination.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

This is an important point. The average Jehovah's Witness spends hundreds of hours in meetings, field service and personal study every year, yet they are afraid that a one hour conversation with an apostate will cause them to completely loose their faith. If what they teach is the truth, then it should be easy for any JW to see through any deception, but a apparently we apostates have magical powers of persuasion!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha, I never thought of it quite that way, LisaRose. Thousands of hours of strengthening one's faith can go out the window so easily. The Devil truly is powerful! He gives Jesus a run for his money! I guess that, in Star Wars terms, this means that the dark side really is stronger.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "The WT's biggest deception?"

That they're not deceptive.

• BU2B
    BU2B

If they were the truth, they could take a site like Jwfacts and debunk it page by page and point by point. They cannot do that, so they resort to name calling, ad hominem, attacking the motive and other logical fallacies and unreasoning phobias to muddy the waters.

JWs are kept ignorant of many things, such as past teachings, flip flops, UN NGO, child abuse etc. If the WT were honest they would be more transparent. However their deception runs so deep and the rabbit hole goes down so far that everything would crumble.

For example, if they were honest about 607 vs 586 dates their whole religion would fall apart. The fundemental teaching is that Jesus returned to earth invisibly and selected drunken racist Joe Rutherford as his "faithful and wise servant" in 1919 based on the "spiritual food" he was dispensing at the time, including the "Millions now living will never die" 1925 false prophecy and the laughably arrogant and asinine "Finished Mystery" book. If you dont believe that, the whole thing crumbles and they are not "the channel". Its either true or it isnt. The preaching work and increasing numbers are not any proof, since if that was evidence the LDS church would be even more Gods channel because they have double the members in about the same time of existence, grow at a higher rate, and also preach. Doctrines do not matter to a JW although they believe in them and will argue you about them. If a QFR came out tomorrow that changed a key teaching, they would all go along and believe that too. All that matters is loyalty to the leadership of the organization. Nothing else matters.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with all you say in your post above, No. 1372, BU2B.

But, I pick up a despairing tone in it, as though you are weighed down with sadness because the JW's are so mentally imprisoned they will not wake up.

Is this because you have loved ones still in ?

I too have many family members locked in, one at present is facing a serious Operation, I can see that if he ties the Surgeon's hands by saying no blood Transfusion, then it may end up in his death. Hopefully the surgery will go well, and that will not happen, but it is a distinct possiblilty.

I too have felt such anguish and pain that I cannot get the family to see that their position is so so silly and ignorant.

But I do not know how to cut through the years of indoctrination.

The G.B will have blood on their hands if he dies. Yet another victim of a failed doctrine, and the WT/JW.Org avarice.

Their Biggest Deception ? That they have any idea what Scripture means, and any right whatsoever to pontificate upon it, especially where people's lives are involved.

• BU2B
    BU2B

You are perceptive Phizzy. My wife, parents are very dedicated JWs. I have 2 young girls being raised in it. I struggle with when and what to do. I want us to exit together, but if that does not happen, I hate the thought of my kids being subjected to go to the KH with their mother. The best I can do is provide a alternative way of looking at things and teach them there is nothing wrong with thinking for yourself. I will teach them to be critical thinkers and question authority. I don't know exactly how I will, but I must. I can only hope that when I stop going to the KH, my wife will in time stop too when she sees the lack of love. I will have to stand up and sign them up for after school activities, sports etc.. And let them have non Jw friends. my wife will likely resent me for it, but I have to take a stand sometime. My parents are a lost cause, so yes yoprobably do hear some despair because of my very tough situation. but believe me I have hope too!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread BU2B! Everything you wrote is very true! (I notice you are more daring putting your name there when signing off too?)

And yes, phizzy, I agree with your comments.....many of us are in a desperate state due to being stuck in still....

Hang in there mate! I'm in the same boat as you...lets make it our "life boat" to safety!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BU2B, Listen, Obey and Be Blessed: It's a cult!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Yes Stuck in a rut you are correct. I dont care if I am caught anymore. They would be doing me a favor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit