Autumn...

by new hope and happiness 35 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

I am an October baby too, but in the natural world, babies come in the spring. Normally it would be our time to head south for the winter, but now it is clouds, a curtain over the sun, but, grapes still to be picked, the late figs racing to get sugars from the yellowing huge fig leaves, The hybiscusses open, but bees to wet to visit, Palms and bamboo eerily looming in the mist. Soon Time to hunker down around the glow of the woodstove. Waiting for a sunny break to see the first snow on the lower mountains. Get the woolies ready. School is starting too.---

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Where do you live, Prologos?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Another Autumn song, a classic Autumn Leaves, covered here by Andrea Bocelli with his Fiancee "Les Feuilles Mortes' (Autumn Leaves)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKhpG3apQU

• prologos
    prologos

I used to special pioneer where we had wet snow in mid september, that never fully melted until mid april, but I am free now and live to the best compromise possible for my means. We have to drive up mountains to ski and see the sun in winter. Brilliant red maples are imported.

Still, where I live, you know there are seasons.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Autumn at last!! September and October are my favorite months of the year and I make pilgrimages into Colorado's mountain country to soak it all in. The beautiful colors, high snow-capped mountains and deep blue skies feed my photographer's soul as well. I grab my cameras and go "in search of Galadriel" in different high country valleys and locales, usually with a friend but sometimes alone. Tolkien fans will get the Galadriel reference and understand what I'm looking for. Last Sunday I drove to Kenosha Pass, seventy-five miles southwest of Denver to take my first pictures and I wasn't disappointed. Happy Autumn everyone!

Quendi

• kaik
    kaik

Quendi, I love Colorado. Beautiful state, nice people, great stakehouses. I hope returning there some day again.

FHN, I would be very depressed living in Michigan due very cold weather. I do not miss Europe due constantly cold weather north of Alps where we say you can even freeze in middle of the summer. I do not mind short winter with snow, but I cannot deal with cold for six months. This year I had experienced one the longest winter in my lifetime and watched as my subtropical garden got devasted by subsequent snaps of polar vertex. I lost all my gardenias, calla lilies, two camellias, anise tree. I just hope that winter is still three months away.

Only things I do not like about late falls is the leafs raking. I had tons of trees on my backyard, but got two cut down this spring, so I hope for less leafs and more grass. Still have one tree to cut down as is nto healthy and started to get hollow, so it needs to go down before nature will take over it. I love on September and October wine tasting. In my childhood, my grandparents had huge wineyards and we used to pick grape just behind the house. I wish to have wineyard here on my backyard, but critters would pick eveyr single fruit from it.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I love Autum too, I feel so much better when we get to fall because I do not like hot weather. I love when the air is crisp and the leaves change.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's been a difficult summer, so I am happy it's over and I do love Autumn. I have set my table up in fall colors and put a pretty pumpkin and some orange mums on my porch. I am going all out this year for Halloween, we get around six hundred trick or treaters in the neighborhood, people come from all over, so I am going to just go with it. I am determined not to run out of candy this year, so I will get lots and lots of candy. I am making new costumes for Mr chips and myself. He wore my over-the-top flower fairy outfit last year, but after many seasons it has gotten bedraggled, and I am sick of it, so it is being retired. We are going stream punk this year. It should be fun, I went to the thrift store today and found a great leather vest for Mr. Chips and some low boots for my outfit. The vest was a score, it's from Territory Ahead, his favorite store. He liked it so much he is going to wear it to work. I also found four beautiful jackets for myself, all like new and from really nice stores.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

FHN, I would be very depressed living in Michigan due very cold weather.

The winters are gorgeous though. And the summers? They are so pleasant. You can enjoy being outside, usually for the entire day. And in summertime, the sunset comes at 10:00 PM. The spring is much later here than in Georgia, but the springs are lovely.

Cooler weather starts in September.

I miss so many of the trees and flowers from the south though: honeysuckle scent in the air, wisteria climbing all over everything, mimosa trees with their pink "fairy broom" flowers, gardenia bushes, magnolia trees...

There are a lot of plusses here in West Michigan, though. Sadly, my rent has been raised so sky high, I think I'm going to be priced out of Michigan, literally.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

autumn is my favourite season as well, those cool breezy nights wonderful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit