Autumn...

by new hope and happiness 35 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I've just glanced out my window and i saw the most picturesque countryside. I do believe we're entering Autumn. So summer has had its day and like an old friend slipped away and we moves on...how do you feel about entering Autumn?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

October and November are my favorite months. I love Autumn. I run into a lot of people who feel the same way.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Autumn was always my favourite season. Now I'm getting to the autumn years not so much.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

These days i am faced with a lot of leisure time, and i dont want to squander these periods of leisire just watching the leaves fall . So i have planned my viewing strategy and familiarized myself with the remote control and i am now so confident i can locate the volume button swiftly and painlessly, in case my kid awakes.

No thats one thing i learnt as a witness the T.V is not my best friend. I love Autimn and its beauty...almost as much as i love my collection American T.V westerns ....and i got both now i dont have those meetings to attend.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

After this wet cool summer I am hoping autumn will be better. The national weather service has given their fall forcast as being warmer than normal for PA. I sure hope they are right. Less rain more sun. The mountains in our area are already about 30% in color. We are about 2 weeks to early for this. Will maybe the color will last for awhile. Looking for a extended warm period for Oct. so I can get a little more garden in. Still Totally ADD

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Oh, no! I've just had a terrible thought. What if the leaves do not fall this Autumn and Armageddon comes?

I may be very off the mark, and everything may turn out fine. I mean here where i live -20 in 8 weeks.ugggg come on Armageddon or i may emigrate.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My granddaughter tells me that fall is her favourite season. The cooler evenings, the blazing colors. I remember feeling like that, too.

I am getting older, and our cold harsh winters are ever less appealing. It takes some of the gloss off fall, knowing what comes next. But I can't complain this week. Yesterday it was 29C (84 F). I am compensating by soaking up as much sun as I can.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's my favorite time of the year!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

While I think it is beautiful, I have seasonal depression which has been particularly severe this year, starting in August.

What I need is a winter home in Australia so I can enjoy an endless summer.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I love autumn, the cooler days, the beautiful colors. But it also makes me sad, a little. I love summer, I love flowers and birds and bright, beautiful colors in my flower garden. Autumn is a reminder that winter and gray colors are just around the corner. Thankfully I live in the Southern USA so the winters are short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit