Do the Governing Body believe their own teachings or know it's a lie? Are they atheists?

by BucketShopBill 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

The new Young Blood GB Member, you think he really thinks this is the Truth or is he protecting his financial interest like all the older GB Members who enjoy basking in glory of men? Do you think they believe in the "Over-Lapping Generation" or was that a mistake done by Barr?

How much of the Watchtower and the Bible do the Governing Body know, Ray Franz Jr. said he was not impressed with their Bible knowledge and their lack of knowledge of the Watchtower Cannon. Reading through COC and ISOFC and soon Ron Fry's book I think the Governing Body don't believe in God, my opinion is they are like lRon who knew he had a Gravy Train and enjoyed all the glory from men, how are the Governing Body any different, they compare themselves to Jesus Christ and claim their words are Jehovah's Words on Earth!

To all the new ones leaving the Organization, you must remember we never had the truth in the first place, it's up to us to find our spiritual path, following the Watchtower was the least path of resistance, how many of us were digging deep trying to find out what God's Word said without using the Watchtower? The Watchtower and the Bible Clash, try reading the Bible without any influence of the Watchtower and notice how different the two ideas are.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they mostly are still believers on some level. Remember these guys have come up through the ranks, most of them have spent the majority of their lives inside the JW Bubble. Any doubts would be shoved right to the back of their mind, except in an exceptional case.

It really matters not one way or the other though, the real power lies with those who rermain hidden and really control things, the G.B are figureheads mainly.

I think they believe that their bulls*** teachings do come from above by some weird process. If one or more members of the GB are slightly awake, they have chosen the hypocritical liers route of keeping quiet and remaining in First Class on the Gravy Train.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Do you help yourself to fruit from the fruit bowl when visiting a friend in the hospital? Of course not. Can you imagine the bad feelings that would cause. One of the biggest crimes perpetrated by toddlers is theft of food. When your an adult giving spiritual food to millions your either a deluded child or bullshitter.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Oh and " Judge Rutherford" was a smoker, but the smoke misted the bright fluorescent lighting in the government body board room which stopped Jevovers light shining and so thankfully they banned smoking. Of course they dont believe it unless they smoke something stronger than Rutherford ever did..

• rjharris
    rjharris

I am 100% convinced that the GB knows that much of what they are dispensing is in error. These men are neither illiterate or stupid. They are well informed.

The way to exercise power and control over millions is to keep those millions kindergarten-level, afraid to question or challenge, and to set up an effective information "quarantining" mechanism called disfellowshiping.

It is like this:

A person may have a doubt, question or challenge to a WT teaching. If the person persists and does not allow himself to be adjusted he appears before a secret "judicial committee.' Such concerns, doubts, and questions are not made "public" to the rest of the congregation.

Later a disfellowshipping announcement is made before the congregation which presents none of the testimony of the one disfellowshiped or the evidence in support of the disfellowshiping action.

After the reading of that announcement no Witness is to talk to that person, thereby shutting down any possibility of their expressing themselves by way of an explanation to friends and associates. Anyone caught talking to the DFd one is under threat of being DFd. Thus, an effective system of information quarantining.

If one looks at the big picture: What is happening here is the suppression of truth. There is concealment at work. If what is being taught the truth what does the organization have to fear. If what is being expressed by members of the organization is in error, then the truth would win out. But when "information quarantining" is occurring, then it is discovery of the truth that is being prevented. As far as I am concerned this practice is no different from book burning.

If one is threatened with disfellowshipment for reading materials the WT defines (for its members) as "apostate" literature or it threatens disfellowshipment if one is caught speaking with such persons, it is not different from the practice of "book burnings" engaged in Nazi Germany.

Information is information, good, bad or ugly. Let the reader of that information weight, decide and conclude. Let the listener of persons who are DFd listen, weigh and decide. One does not need and organization to do these things for them.

What! Does the WT want to chew up ones food before they feed it to the babes? Yes, it does!

The GB knows it is dispensing error. I can also say that it this body of men are very worried about its losing numbers in membership and its 1914 teaching. Very worried.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I have to disagree...

These men believe 100% in a concept...that concept is that they are God's channel of communication on earth. No matter how weird and wacky things get they firmly believe what they teach is inspired because deep down they believe they are chosen and will be in heaven.

A concept like that firmly planted in their minds and hearts means any thinking process as to what they produce in terms of doctrines etc is always right at the time and Jehoover will let more line accordingly.

They are not, on purpose, leading people in astray knowing that they are wrong. They just believe 100% that they are chosen and thus they cannot ever be wrong.

Read Don Cameron's book Captives to a Concept..it explains it so nicely just how that once concept means they are so blind.

• fulano
    fulano

I disagree, they believe in what they are teaching. The simple fact they stay there at Bethel proves it more or less. Everybody who worked there or at branches knows that the moment you stop believing you will leave the work. And stop the BS about the money etc. They don't have money nor spend excessive amounts.

• sir82
    sir82

That is of course the million dollar question, that has been asked on this forum, in various forms, hundreds of times.

My opinion, for what it's worth: These guys (the GB) are so utterly isolated from the "real world" that yes, they believe it to be true. They simply are not exposed to any contrary ideas. There are multiple layers of Service Dept. lackeys below them who shield them from letters, phone calls, etc. that would expose them, and they are surrounded by "yes men" who treat every statement dripping from their lips as golden ambrosia.

Now, the more interesting question: Do the service department lackeys and the lawyers, the "nuts and bolts" guys who handle the day to day operations, believe it is "the truth", or are they acting in their own self-interest, financial or otherwise?

I suspect there is a significant number of them who know it is all a sham, but whose self-preservation instincts allow them to play along.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They don't have money, they don't need it. Laundry done, Housework done, Healthcare all paid for, Vehicle paid for, travel paid for, all meals paid for, 5 star accommodation, plus they pick up the same allowance as ordinary Bethel folk, at a minimum.

Very like old style Rockstars, no money in their pocket or their persoanl bank account, but a Billionaire life-style.

I imagine they were once as individuals totally Captives of a Concept, and still cling to that to a degree, but it must be a shock once appointed to see how Doctrine and Practice are really arrived at.

To keep on believing fully that Holy Spirit has anything at all to do with it must take an unbelievable level of Cognitive Dissonance.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

GB = Power hungry filth. Why should the GB care if it's right or wrong, true or crap as long as they can get little boys to fiddle with?

I believe that at their level they know it's crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit