What does the Bible REALLY teach?

by Separation of Powers 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Really: "In actual fact, as opposed to what is said or imagined to be true or possible"

That is the definition....

Now, if this book, as others posters have mentioned, is going to be updated to reflect "new doctrinal changes" then the book should be rejected on its lack of merit.

I mean Really?

• jhi29
    jhi29

SoP-- are you talking about the new NWT (as opposed to the old NWT... )?

I'm completely out of the loop on this version, having been out for years. Could you give examples of the doctrinal changes the WTS deems necessary to change their holy book?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

SoP is referring to a coming update to the Bible Teach book. As I said on another thread, it should now be called "What does the Bible Really Really Teach?" to show that they're confident they got it right this time.

• jhi29
    jhi29

Apognophos-- I really am out of the loop... perhaps that is best. ;)

Yikes.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

What does the Bible REALLY Teach?

If you REALLY want to know the answer to that question, I see 2 basic choices:

Read the Bible and find out...

... OR ... If that just seems like too much effort ...

Go to JW.ORG and request a free Bible study! A nice JW will come and TELL you what it DOESN'T teach.

(Trinity, Hellfire, Heaven, Eternal soul... your church has been LYING to you!! Only WE have the answers.)

The implied message on the cover of this book: No one knows what the Bible REALLY "teaches," except the Jehovah's Witnesses.

They spend a good portion of the book, telling you about all the "false teachings" that are happening everywhere else, so you MUST come to the conclusion that only the Watchtower has the "Truth." There is nowhere else to go!

After they turn you against every other religion, that is when the real teaching begins. What are the main teaching of the Jehovah's Witnesses, besides the survival of Armageddon and persecution from the world? I would like to suggest a subtitle, that would catch more interest from those who are ambivalent on the subject:

What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?

Your Armageddon Survival Guide:

Pre-selected scriptures that can be applied during this time of the end.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Bugger all really.

• Heaven
    Heaven

That ancient desert dwellers had no frickin' clue about what was actually going on.

Sam Harris Bible Doesn't Have Real Info

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I doubt the book will be updated as to doctrine much, if at all, they will simply render the scriptural references from the Revised N.W.T.

I agree with Punk's comment. The Bible teaches nothing at all, it is a collection of ancient writings that men and a few women take it upon themselves to tell us what those writings say and mean.

Whenever you hear "The Bible teaches....." or " The Bible says....." think to yourself no you say, and you are trying to teach me your ideas.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - Whenever you hear "The Bible teaches....." or " The Bible says....." think to yourself no you say, and you are trying to teach me your ideas.

Indeed.....man has made god in his own image...........that includes writing too.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I doubt the book will be updated as to doctrine much, if at all, they will simply render the scriptural references from the Revised N.W.T.

Au contraire. The letter that was read specifically mentioned doctrinal updates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit