More WTS cash-grabbing: "Funds on Deposit" program for Circuits

by sir82 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Circuit funds really belong to Mother anyway.

I mean- the money is to pay Mother for the use of her Assembly Hall and for the operating expenses of her Circuit Overseer. So if it stays at the circuit level, it ain't nothing but a chicken wing.

It's just a shame the sheep are so severely fleeced with the bogus deficit reports at every assembly.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

But, but, but Witnesses don't pass the plate! And they don't have to pay tithes!

• SAHS
    SAHS

This “funds on deposit” thing kind of reminds me of the operation of a car’s battery and alternator. The WTS is like the battery, which constantly sucks in more excess current from the alternator. The circuit (no pun intended) acts like the alternator, which is constantly spinning and pumping out more current to keep that hungry battery topped up with juice (electric charge). And that busy, spinning alternator is like a hamster wheel, which is powered by all the rank-and-file members (the little rats) scurrying along with their little feet by pounding the pavement giving out their new little tractizines.

And so the little rats’ feet scurry away, the hamster wheel of the alternator, which is the circuit (again, no pun intended) spins, making more current to give to top up the big, heavy, hungry battery of the WTS. Only the little rats in the circuit don’t really realize how much they’ve been endlessly spinning the hamster wheel to perpetuate the satisfying of the WTS’ operation, which, in reality, is a nest egg for them, but nothing but a big scam and a rat race for everyone else down through to the bottom.

In other words: Lots of huff and puff for more fluff and bluff!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm sure this going to work out the same way as ones who loan money to the Borg then when there old hope to get it back but then are told no better for you to just go on welfare.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well the current arrangement is no better. What happens now, is the surplus funds gets donated to the WW Work of JW's. Then this creates a deficit for the assembly expenses, and we make up the difference and create a new surplus. Next Elders meeting...."hey Guys we now have another surplus, let's give it away to the Society". Guess what happens close to the end of the Assembly, an announcement..."Duh...we have another deficit....you know what to do"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Too bad for them if they crash through the floor. My money is already spent--and it is none of their damn business on what or how much. They are getting nothing from me. Nor will I disclose how much in things I have, such as batteries, lights, silver, food, or whatever else those scumbags wish to pilfer for the purpose of snuffing out hope for sex. This gives potentially negative value, and it is against my religion to spend money on purpose on things that give me negative value.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They probably had a couple of hold-out circuits that discovered that it is legal and even proper to decide what to do with funds instead of just automatically sending them to Mother Watchtower.

Seriously, we always voted to keep enough funds in the circuit account to pay for the next assembly and cleared the rest out and sent it to Mother anyway. One time, we voted to send it to Europe to help out this bunch of JW's in need in one particular country. It was done all proper and Mother couldn't change what we did, so Mother sent a nasty letter about how SHE would decide how to help the brothers best and just to go back to sending it all to HER. Still, there might be a few circuits who realize that, technically and legally, they can decide how best to use the "excess" funds received. (There was always excess funds at our circuit given after the "deficit" announcement.)

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can certainly see some elders questioning this directive, perhaps a few will wake up. I hope so. Kate xx

• SG098
    SG098

I figured the Circuit Assembly funds were the next grab. About a month ago I had my circuit assembly and they announced we had slightly over $18,000 on deposit. As soon as they announced that amount i said to myself, "They wont have that much any longer."

So im not surprised at this. But I made an accurate prediction, am I a prophet? (dun, duNN, DUNNNN) lol

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hmmmm. So, they are pulling back all the moral leadership by turning everything to the circuit/districts/congregation so far as leadership, but so far as MONEY, they all need everyone to pull together and put it all into one (their) pot.

Isn't the money trail as much a liability to them as the people trail is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit