Powerful photo

by zakharijah 39 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

James 2:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

Before I spotted the beggar that everyone focused on it struck me that the younger witness was wearing some sort of hoody, certainly not dress I would have ever seen while witnessing and seems to be on a mobile phone.

Granted I can't see the phone and he may be reading a publication intently, but that certainly looks like someone on a phone and not interested in the public at all.

To give him credit I would have been mortified if I had to stand there with that cart.

The organisation has completely lost its way as far as I can see. They think they are the centre of God's plans but in fact are entirely irrelevant.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

"What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?"... and not ONE BIBLE IN SIGHT!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's not easy goving money to beggers on the street, it really is a question of caution. - NH&H

I hear you, NH&H, but I do think there are ways to help. I have got involved in a project like the San Francisco Homeless Connect.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Project-Homeless-Connect-turns-5-in-S-F-3212797.php

In a convention atmosphere, the homeless are invited to find the resources they need in a dignified environment.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Which situation would jesus respond to, according to to nt teachings if he came upon this scene?

"What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?"... and not ONE BIBLE IN SIGHT!

These quotes are priceless

• screwproof
    screwproof

What is the yellow book on the top of the cart? That was thelast one I remember getting before I left.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

There are a hundred things they could be doing rather than standing on a street corner begging for money to send to the organization in New York.

Especially since the "What Does The Bible Really Teach?" book is being revised.

• blondie
    blondie

Bibles are not to be offered to non-jws....even if they ask, cost too much supposedly.

• jam
    jam

Curious; What country was this picture taken in. The one guy

is wearing a hoodie. Is this the new dress for the hood.lol

• steve2
    steve2

Well observed apog. Your sound comments aside (!), I think the white-soled shoes the brother on the left is wearing are a tad too trendy-casual and the jacket worn by the brother on the right is a shade too casual also - and he seems caught up (in something on his iphone perhaps?). There needs to be a service talk on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit