Sipping our drinks at the track..part 2.". I didnt tell them anything," she said

by MissFit 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissFit
    MissFit

...As we were enjoying our weekly Sunday "No Meetings Margaritas."

My friend and I have been meeting for lunch and Margaritas ( okay mostly margaritas, we throw lunch in so we dont feel like alcoholics lol 😜)

instead of going to meetings.

( we discovered we could have Lunch*margaritas* without the meeting first.)

My JW lady friend still goes out "in service" and stays in touch with her "service buddies" who also know me.

So she was telling me that they asked about me and mentioned that they would like to stop by to see me. This is a JW couple not elders.

Bless her sweet heart. She looked at me and took my hand and said" now Missy, I told them you probably were working because you have to work Saturdays sometimes (which is true).

I wasn't sure if you really wanted them to stop by & dont worry I didnt say anything about us having lunch together instead of going to the meeting."

She looks at me sternly. " and if you do talk to them, dont tell them either, watch what you say because they like to talk.

Besides its nobody's business."

😇I solemnly promised I would not reveal to anyone that we sip margaritas and have fun instead of attending the Sunday meeting.

😎(After all any sane person would understand a margarita at a track is much less stressful to the heart than a meeting with a bunch of busy bodies and gossips.)

I wonder if I should start wearing sunglasses and a trench coat? Lol.

• MissFit
    MissFit

What is so sad is that a grown woman feels she has to sneak around to do a very normal activity.

I dont care myself if people know I would rather go to lunch instead of a meeting.

She keeps saying it isn't anyone's business but deep down she knows she will be judged.

I think she is fading but doesnt know it. She is just starting to feel the tug of the invisible chains.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Keep up the good work.

• steve2
    steve2

You can believe it's no one else's business at a rational level but still feel emotionally vulnerable to others' judgements. Human's are complicated.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Steve: you are so right. She is very independent but I think if the Elders counseled her, she would be guilted into trying to go to the meetings even if they caused her blood pressure to rise.

I hoping she will start to see how really controlling they are.

I mentioned to her that most Born in JWs really cant think for themselves because they have been told what to do all their lives.

She is a convert..she is in her 80s and has been a JW for around 25 years.

I told her she was used to thinking for herself and using her common sense. BUT most JWs dont.

She said she never thought about it that way before.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wonder if I should start wearing sunglasses and a trench coat? Lol.

NAH!

If caught, this is the very first time you all met up, and you met up so your friend could encourage you.

OR SIMPLY say nothing at all about meetings if someone sees you. Just wave and say hello.

• Heaven
    Heaven

...As we were enjoying our weekly Sunday "No Meetings Margaritas."

Life is about enjoying oneself as much as possible. Keep it up!

• jhi29
    jhi29

Those margaritas aren't going to drink themselves!

The guilt and shame of the fade-and-exit... I remember it well. I'm going to assume it's connected to our innate social need as human beings, and for all of us who've left (17+ years ago for me!) and came out on the other side, more content and fulfilled having done so-- the pain of leaving pales in comparison to regaining freedom and logic and peace.

Every birthday is enjoyed, every margarita is relished. Life is appreciated and no longer dreaded.

• jhi29
    jhi29

... my above rambling point being, Kudos to you MissFit!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Yeah we could always say we were going to go to the pm meeting.

I personally dont care if they see me. My friend is more self conscious. Plus she is so polite she has to acknowledge someone if she sees them. Everyone knows her and

loves her. She doesnt like all of the attention.

The track is a great place. If we see a JW there they better have a tract in one hand or they will be the one ducking for cover.lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit