Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-21-2014 WT Study (OT JWs)

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

I didn’t make any public comment during this Watchtower study because I chose not to be there. I was at a monthly “apostate” luncheon near my local area (“The Toronto Ex-Jehovah’s Witness Social Group”). Actually, I was applying the counsel at Ephesians 5:16, where it says to be “. . . making the best use of your time, . . .” (RNWT) – and, of course, the mutual support by our fellow TTATT-knowers is an infinitely better use of time than being pinned down in a Kingdom Hell or being dragged along in the serve-us. So, that’s why I didn’t attend the meeting and give a comment for this Watchtower study. I had a good excuse for a good cause.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I find that amazing to how jehovah is not using the media but he must be using satans resources to get the message out. How ridiculous!

Try asking the next Witness, "if everything in this world belongs to satan why is the governing body using the internet and all the resources of satans world to preach the word? basically you are teaching people the truth thru satan!!!"

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Blondie, thank you for a great study! Can you answer why it's invisible to JWs the fact worshipers of God were called "Christians by Divine Providence"? I don't understand how the Scriputures were veiled and we were so distracted by the verses in Isaiah we missed out on what the Bible really had to say. JWs get uncomfortable and don't really know how to answer the question, "By whose authority did you change the name given to the Christians?" they look with a blank tired face and shake their heads, is it blasphemy in your opinion to change something that was revealed to be "Divine" to a man made name to differentiate them from a group of Bible Students Rutherford made angry?

C.T. Russell said his followers only went by the name of Christians, when I showed that to other brothers they got weird and started to use the word Apostate on their own religious magazines. It's a confusing religion that feeds off the fear, creates a pseudo sense of "we have Bible knowledge you don't" that proves wrong over time as their Unfaithful Slave has to change doctrine constantly to keep the Witnesses on their toes. Ray Franz spoke of keeping the "Masses in a sense of constant agitation and anxiety to distract the Witnesses from what was really happening in the World.". great lesson, it was nice!

• smiddy
    smiddy

While the name "Jehovah" , for God , was first popularised in the thirteenth century by no other than a spanish Catholic monk , modern scholars have since proved that "Yahweh" is considered a more accurate rendering of the divine name as represented by the tetragramatton , the four Hebrew consonnants.

So Jehovahs Witnesses dont care if they are mis-pronouncing Gods name to the world for decades ? Aren`t they mis-representing him ?

Isa 43:10 - 12 speaks of the jews being witnesses of God , did they , from then on identify themselves as Jehovahs Witnesses ? Of course not .

Did Jesus chastise the jews for not identifying themselves as Jehovahs Witnesses from when Isaiah made that statement ? No of course not.

Because God was not instucting his followers/beleivers to be called jehovahs witnesses .

What he did do " by Divine providence" was instruct his followers / beleivers to identify themselves as Christians .

Their are approximately 30 references in the Christian Greek Scriptures that worshipers of the Almighty God are to bear witness to /for Jesus .

Their is not one scripture in the Christian Greek Scriptures that says you are to be a witness of either jehovah or yahweh .

smiddy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

After the gutsy attack on "apostates" last week, this is a bit of a damp squibb article . There is not much there, just a re hash of points that have been said many times before. It beats how you manage to make a review out of it Blondie...well done !

• Richard Voss
    Richard Voss

In the house of a jewish person once I was shown a book that discussed the reasons why Jews do not speak the name ( a superstition according to the WT). In the various reasons cited (4) one was that for Moses and others, who could say the name 'correctly', doors were opened, so to speak. It was the equivalent of 'open sesame' - says a me....as we would say say as kids. A magical incantation that literally worked. Well, such a weapon had to be locked up, lest it be misused, hence the Talmudic prohibition for uttering the secret pronunciation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit