Famous Witnesses

by startingover13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

(I didn't see this one on Terry's list.)

Danielle Colby, star of History Channel's American Pickers.

Wikipedia says,

" Danielle Colby was born in Davenport, Iowa . She was brought up into what she called "a very loving but strict household" of Jehovah’s Witnesses. She has stated that her interest in burlesque dancing started at around 10 to 12 years old."

Sooo....probably not active.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

There's maybe 4 names in that list that could be called famous witnesses, George Benson, Hank Marvin, and possibly the Williams sisters, the rest are just z-listers..

Having a third cousin's great grand mother that once read a magazine 57 years does not make one in any way remotely a 'witness' as many of those names in the list hang on such weak connections.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Patti Smith - punk rock star

(Thanks to Wiki) Patti was raised a witness by her mother but clearly left as a young child.

• jam
    jam

Lark Voorhies , Save by the Bell tv show

Ryan Hollins, last year LA Clippers basketball

Rodney King, raised a JW.

All from my old congregation..Altadena, CA...

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

how the hell is the co-creator of dd a witness? Growing up a witness in the 80s dungeon and dragons was the ultimate demonized game (better than a quiji board some would say)

I can only imagine how stupid i use to sound repeating this foolishness.You know how many dungeon and dragon clubs i could have joined?

JWs ruining childhoods for over a hundred years.....and counting

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

another thing do you know how stupid it was to tell my elementary school teachers how we as witnesses don't celebrate christmas,and during the xmas play they would always play the micheal jackson christmas song? Stupid religion...if i could turn back time...sigh

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

@ Dis-Member:

On what planet are Peter Andre, Naomi Campbell, Geri Halliwell, Dave Hill, Thelonius Monk, Van Morrision, Prince and Jill Scott "z-listers"? I'm not saying they are all talented (hello Peter and Naomi) but all are famous, have had long term careers and, except Naomi, are successful artists with Geri, Dave and Prince all having had multiple multi-million selling records.

• losingit
    losingit

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selena

Selena was raised a jw? You do know there is a movie out about her life starring Jennifer Lopez. That movie helped JLO blow up onto the scene. Selena's death is still mourned today in the Latino community in the US. Her cumbia songs are my favorite!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fGXuQiXiA

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Prresident Eisenhower could also be included in the list,however he was technically raised as a Bible Student.

Bangalore

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

When I say the list is 50% BS (and that's probably being too generous), I mean that these are mostly not active, believing Witnesses, therefore they really aren't Witnesses at all. Some of the lines note that they are former or inactive JWs, but even that is probably overstating their connection to the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit