JW.org Lapel Pins for I.D. ?

by ShirleyW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Today was the first time I've seen a Bro wearing a JW. org Lapel pin, actually much, much larger than an actual lapel pin. Square shaped, the background was olive green but the letters were white in bold letters. Didn't say anything to him because I was riding just two stops and he got off the stop before me. Is this something that we will see more of, like in the 1930's when Jews had to wear the Star of David on their clothing?

Also saw a set up table at my stop and I was looking around at the literature, usually they will say something to you but this guy kept staring straight, so I said to him, "you're just here to count your time or do you speak to people?" He said "we don't approach the people, only if they say something to us". When the Hell did that new policy start? They're usually all over you to take a copy of the mags, well as we know the Bible's word doesn't change, as they will readily acknowledge, but somehow their rules just flip flop all the time.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

A few weeks ago I saw my first lapel pin. A woman in my serve-us group was wearing it. I'd seen pictures and reports of people wearying them on here, but it actually made me nauseous when I saw it.

I'm sure it's going to be the new "thing" to do in order to be in the it crowd of the super zealous.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, when JWs man the literature cart, it is current policy NOT to address passersby and offer publications. I did not receive an explanation as to why.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, the idea is to let people look at the literature, not be distracted by someone making a sales pitch to them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So JWs are no longer preachers, but rather literature rack setter-uppers and guards.

How thrilling to be a servant of the most high God, Jehovah!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I can give you a list of subway stations in NYC where the cart is set up where they do not adhere to that rule. If you just walk by slowly and look at the literature someone usually says, would you be interested in something to read, or words to that effect.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If anyone in my cong starts to wear those tacky pins, I will make such a fuss of it and point out how stoooopid it is!

I'll ask..."where on the literature order form to the society do those appear?"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't wait till some "apostate" sets up a nearly identical literature cart featuring TTATT. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to follow the dubs whenever they move their cart!! LOL!!! I laugh just thinking about it!!!

DD

• mana11
    mana11

Yes, when JWs man the literature cart, it is current policy NOT to address passersby and offer publications. I did not receive an explanation as to why.

Thats so someone doesnt smack them for being annoying!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just recently saw someone at a JW funeral wearing a rather large JW.Org lapel pin.

It was prob 3 inches in diameter, with their new blue logo.

Tacky.

He was the kind of JW that did not appear to be playing with a full deck of cards.

Probably was counting his time.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit