should i marry and have a child with my partner

by stevepill 24 Replies latest social relationships

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If she only goes to the memorial once a year, she doesn't sound like she is that deep into that religion as you might think.

There is a lot people who sit on the side lines of this faith /religion because there is a presnted proposal that Armageddon is coming soon and that the Jesus god is going

to judge who is going to be saved and who isn't. This proclamation sits into people's minds, so for some they take the assumption that going to Church once a

year for as celebration of sorts is enough to put them in the good book so to speak.

Proceed with caution nevertheless.

• humbled
    humbled

Have a child when you know how miserable this religion is for a couple who are all-in? And worse for those "unevenly yoked"?

And raising the child?

No.

No. No.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I say the first child to come out of your relationship is a rebirth of communication. When you have a full understanding of each other's most intimate thoughts and desires, then you can safely think about having a baby together.

So make improved communication a condition of having children, with counselling if necessary.

Use a condom every time.

• stevepill
    stevepill

thank you all very much for your thoughts, they have been very useful, i will keep you posted.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

stevepill - to understand how difficult this is read some of my early posts. I stopped my wife from taking my son and now she has stopped going so we have made a lot of progress but there are residual issues around emotional intimacy - the legacy of being brought up as a witness is emotional dyfunction. So be very wary but it is not all bad. PM me if you want to chat further. Fraz

• stevepill
    stevepill

thanks fraz, i would like that.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If you have to ask strangers that question , then dont get into a relationship with anyone until you mature .

just saying.

smiddy

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Too harsh smiddy - and unfair - this forum is a good choice to get advice with this issue as he is unlikely to have acquaintances who have relevant expereince with the issue. As long as he realises that as with any advice on this forum you have to weed the good advice from the rubbish.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

DO NOT....UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.....MARRY THIS WOMAN OR HAVE A CHILD WITH HER!!!! IF YOU DO YOU WILL REGRET IT. LET'S FACE IT.....IF SHE THINKS ABOUT GOING BACK TO BEING A JW THEN SHE IS CERTIFIABLY NUTS. OF COURSE SHE WILL WANT TO RAISE THE CHILD AS A JW. THAT'S OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE BUT YOU. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF SANE NON-JW WOMEN OUT THERE WHO WOULD BE IDEAL FOR YOU. FIND ONE OF THEM. DON'T SADDLE YOURSELF WITH YET ANOTHER JW NUTCASE. IGNORE THIS ADVICE AT YOUR PERIL.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I agree with the overwhelming responses of these posters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit