How would you answer?

by punkofnice 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

punkofnice: When I encounter these brain-dead analogies my response is to simply say "yes" very quickly and look as if I am politely waiting for them to raise their argument and missed it was an analogy to begin with:

Crawl to the door? yes. (wait).

Sister in iron lung with 10 bible studies? yes. (wait)

One should insist they make the argument in the actual situation and just ignore everything else as irrelevant. This is clearly difficult for them and the analogy is bound to resurface. Then I would politely say: But we are really talking about so-and-so and not a burning house, so perhaps we should talk about the actual situation instead? (wait for response; if the response is not a yes or no insist on the question).

• SG098
    SG098

Im guessing you friend still believes in the bible. If they do show them John 6:19-23

19) “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20) Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21) “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 ....23 ) Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."

So are we required to worship at a temple or kingdom hall? Nope.

What about 'not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together' card the b0rg likes to pull out? Show your friend Matt. 18:20.

Game over, the watchtower cult loses again.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Punky, one question. They are encouraging the ill sister to attend meetings. Did the sister in the iron lung attend meetings? That's very unlikely, so that is a pathetic example. And if you are ill, say with flue (or Ebola), then it would be a loving gesture to stay home, otherwise you infect all those at the KH. When I hear such things, one thought crosses my mind: S*#it for brains!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

bohm - we should talk about the actual situation instead?

Yes. That's good. False analogies prove nothing.

SG098 - Matt 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

Good call. No doubt all this would fall on stoney ground but worth a punt.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - True. They are full of it aren't they. They unwittingly are puppets of the WBT$ that insist on meetings so they can use information control to get the money from the r&f.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

wow what bullying. so they have went there not to see how she is doing and ask if they can help, they went for no other reason than to see why shes not in attendance.

what happened to al lthe articles about how were NOT supposed to compare ourselves to others? that we all have different levels of abilities and emotional makeup? that were supposed to be supportive NOT accusitory? all the good in the messages go out the window huh?

the lack of empathy and human logic that so many people have developed from these twisted teachings boggles my mind. and oh

yes I have heard from the platform, using the ONE scripture about not forsking the gathering , bla bla bla, taking it way out of context

as the command to be at meetings. fear monger much?

wow a command from a simple follower of jesus. i thought only God could make commands? who said this was a command? its no command.

maybe from the org. and gee, scientology much?

she doesnt need any more emotional bullying from men and thier warped reasoning. she doesnt have to answer the door or the phone. what are they going to do about it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sowhatnow - so they went there not to see how she is doing and ask if they can help, they went for no other reason than to see why shes not in attendance.

I guess that just about sums it up.

Cult control tactics.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

The replies are very helpful for many of us being treated in a similar way!

thanks punk

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SIAR2 - Yes. I agree. I like to ask questions to sharpen my thought process. I am sure there are some classic logical fallacies used here...I just can't see them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think I might bring out a few scriptures where Jesus said a few things like at John 3 you must be born again to see the kingdom or at John 6 where he states that you must drink of my blood to have life. Maybe Hebrews 9 where with the blood which is the covenant thiers no forgiveness of sins. Then maybe 1john 5 where all who believe and who have love are gods sons. Another is Matt 12:50 who ever does the will of my father is my brother ie gods son. Then I would say something like , is in it interesting that the scriptures you state seem to apply to all of us yet these scriptures don't and when asked why we are told the NT was written for only the Anointed. So then was the NT written for only the anointed or not??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit