How Do They Still Preach & Teach The "End" Is Right Around The Corner And Never Get Embarrassed?

by minimus 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Haven't you heard?

We might not see another Memorial!!

The End is Near!

Doc

• Zoos
    Zoos

I like how they nonchalantly slip it in as if it were an after-thought.

At a district convention the brother giving the closing talk mentioned that there had been some speculation but "the brothers (in Bethel) are, in fact, planning another convention next year."

That was in 2003.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Next week WT-study par. 9: " For 135 years, from its very first issue, The Watchtower has called on its readers to be awake to the fact that Satan’s wicked rulership will soon end and be replaced by the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ.— Rev. 20:1-3, 6 ."

no comment.

One week later the WT-study par. 12: " From the mid-1930’s onward, it became evident that Christ had started to gather millions of his “other sheep,” who would make up a multinational “great crowd.” Under the direction of anointed Christians, this great crowd also follow the courageous example of Jesus and publicly make known that they owe their salvation to God and Christ. By enduring in this witness work and continuing to exercise faith in Christ’s ransom, these ones will be privileged to survive “the great tribulation,” which will bring an end to Satan’s world.— John 10:16; Rev. 7:9, 10, 14 . "

let me count: a person is 1935 ten year old and is preching (like Jesus) and will be privileged to survive "the great tribulation"? This person ist today 89 years old.

If someone asks me when will you come back into the KH - I always say: SOON.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If someone asks me when will you come back into the KH - I always say: SOON.

Brilliant

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think people are always going to be vulnerable to those who promise an easy fix to the problems facing mankimd, it feels good to believe promises of paradise. It also gets you off the hook, you don't have to worry, just let the purveyors of paradise make your decisions for you. It's so attractive you don't want to dig too deeply, facts would get in the way of your dreams of petting lions.

As they say, there's a sucker born every minute.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It also gets you off the hook, you don't have to worry, just let the purveyors of paradise make your decisions for you.

Thats so true, JWS are typically irresponsible for taking a step forward for humanity, they rather let the (corrupt) WTS. do their thinking for them.

At least they get redemption for their lack of concern and appealing sins, the earthly Paradise concept is just the cherry on top of the cake .

Mind you its the WTS. main endeavor to control people's thinking habits by exploiting the established belief in the bible to cultivate their own power and control.

We're God's chosen organization after all and Satan the devil well he's every where else.

• minimus
    minimus

I like that, there's a sucker born every minute. I believe some people WANT to be suckers. They like it.

• Terry
    Terry

Do any of us ever stop and take a look at the FIRST FAILURE?

Jesus told his Apostles they would "by no means" complete the circuit of preaching to surrounding cities before the End came.

Here is the cycle:

1. PREDICTION

2. TOTAL FAITH in prediction followed by activity, hope, and a lot of hanging in there . . .

3. GRADUAL TEMPORIZING (developing rules, theology, doctrine)

4. ORGANIZING (leaders, enforcement, witch hunts)

5. APOSTASY (sects formed, enemies lists, US vs. THEM)

6. RENEWAL of PREDICTION anew

(Rinse and repeat as often as necessary)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit