What happy, wonderful thing happened to you since you left the "truth"?

by Jeannette 27 Replies latest social physical

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

The happiest thing for me (after being DF'd and divorced) was that I finally had a chance to find my first love (a classmate in school), who was sent away by my father because he wasn't a witness. After 18 years I was still looking for closure, had a couple of questions to ask him and wanted to end it all with one last chance to tell him how sorry I was (about what my father did to him) and how much I liked him back then.

I found him, we had that last talk... and it was the beginning of a new life. The spark appeared to still be there, for both of us. We tried to fight it, since he was married. But because his marriage wasn't happy and his wife was extremely jealous, he gave up on her and they divorced. He then needed time to recover emotionally, since his now ex-wife really terrorized him and took away his only child. Nearly two years after that we were still together but also still living apart. And then he finally asked me to come live with him. A couple of years later we married and now we feel lucky to be together every day!

He never expected me to escape the JW's (nor my parents), and is proud and happy that I did and that I found him after all those years.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Traveled the world, enjoying things that WT unrightly demonized as wrong, engaged, getting a degree and quality of life steadily rising, will enjoy vs suffer my older years now since out of the illusion that won't grow old in this life and to not prepare.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My BSc in my forties.

My baby girl after pioneering and nearly leaving it too late.

My little house with a garden at last!

Florence, Paris, Niagara Falls, Rome, Lake Como, New York, Montreal, The Alhambra in Spain, Greek Islands.

Our first Christmas, poignant and lovely.

My daughter as Mary in the school nativity play aged five.

I couldn't choose just one. Thanks for asking Jeannette, I need reminding just how lucky I am.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

My husband and I came out together so we have been able to do more traveling which we enjoy but always had to worry about what others would say if we missed too many meetings. I started bowling with a very nice group of women. My husband use to play guitars and write songs and had put it down for years because he was an elder and involved in the KH building projects so he joined a couple of groups that play music. Most of the guys in the group are around his age and he has made some really nice friendships. He has written some new songs and presented one to a guy looking for new songs to publish. He started playing racketball with a group of guys and he enjoys that.

The best thing that happened to me, I was able to get much closer to my family and spend holidays with them and do fun things together. I see the joy and happiness on my parents faces whenever I am with them and that brings me so much happiness. I am so thankful I have such a close relationship with them now that I am out of the cult because being in fractured it.

• BU2B
    BU2B

That was beautiful guys, especially Mr Flipper.. These posts give me needed positivity and hope for my future. I am happy for you guys. By your lives you prove the WT wrong every day. Your lives were supposed to fall apart remember?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

BU2B my life was falling apart while I was in!! My life is so happy now and life is truly great. I think it is what you make of it and when all you hear is negative talk about how awful "this system" is then of course you will not be happy. It takes courage to walk away and start a new life but I can honestly say it is worth it. I just wish I would have done it sooner.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can set my own schedule. No longer obligated to Sunday morning and Wednesday evening meetings. Or, Saturday field service.

I can do what I want and I don't have to give a sh!t about what they think. (I can just imagine them saying that I should really enjoy my "reward" now because that's all I'm going to get. Bad news for them is that this is possibly the only "reward" they're going to get too.)

Life is good!

Living a happy and prosperous life is the greatest revenge.

Doc

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

There are so many little things....

being able to join along in singing Happy birthday to complete strangers at a resturant.

not turning my nose up at those who live a different lifestyle them myself and instead getting to know them as individuals.

encouraging my children to get higher education with a view to a very long fulfilling life, instead of the doom and gloom they grew up in.

choosing to celebrate or not celebrate the holidays...knowing it's all about the fun of it and not some evil pagan worship.

having the weekends to enjoy as our own.

not having to put on a fake face...if I'm grumpy, I'm grumpy. If I'm happy, I'm happy. It was exhausting trying to please a bunch of people who were exhausted try to please other people.

I'm so happy we left!!!

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I could mention lots of activities that I am able to do guilt free, without judging others or myself (traveling, my first protest, helping others - charity, sleeping in on Sundays, watching whatever movie I want, etc.), losing the sense of being "persecuted" all the time, the feeling of being watched over by the big JJ in the sky or his demon buddy Slatan, considering others as enemies and condemned,

but...

...the sweetest thing of all is the sense of freedom. Having control over my Life, instead of "hanging in there" and waiting passively for a deity to decide over the most minuscule things or even over Life/Death.

Yes, freedom is the greatest prize of all. Worth all the pain I had to endure because of losing my whole family (including contact with my daughter).

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Okay, here goes:

Going to church, if I want to.

Choosing my own friends.

Choosing which books to read, films to watch etc....

Playing team sports or martial arts.

Enjoying sex and choosing the contraception I use. I understand some witnesses won't have the IUD but it's really good for women who suffer from heavy periods.

Getting angry and letting people know about it. . And swearing - yay!!!

No more Assemblies.

Christmas. YAY!!!!

No more tights.

No Field Service.

No Theocratic Ministry School, Watchtower, Book study, family worship,kingdom hall cleaning or listening to the idiot brothers spouting bullshit.

No more guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit