What happy, wonderful thing happened to you since you left the "truth"?

by Jeannette 27 Replies latest social physical

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

More than one thing for me, but I have learned to enjoy festivals, and just enjoying free time. It's not that the org wouldn't allow it, I just felt I shouldn't. There are others, of course, and I really have been happier and good things have come my way since I left. You guys, for another, you gave me a lot of laughs.

• Onager
    Onager

Doing lots of things with a clear conscience! From playing dungeons and dragons to having sex. working out my own moral code was wonderful. Discovering that *I* didn't steal because I empathised with other people and didn't want them to feel bad (I've been robbed a few times). NOT because I was afraid of being caught either by the police or some deity or whatever.

It's enough to make a chap feel good about himself... :)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

It's wonderful to have my own opinion and to call "bull shit" instead of going along to please everybody else. I discovered life is beautiful when you're free from the control of the cult. My neighbors are not unhappy, immoral or hopeless as I was led to believe...all it took me to see this was to remove my WT glasses and see with my own eyes. I no longer exist to please others including a god who does not care about anything or anyone. I'm not sure what is next. All I know is that I'm happy now and at peace.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

LIFE! It's a wonderful life, even if it's not always easy.

Love NVR2L8'S PHRASE ABOUT "Remove the wt glasses and see with my own eyes"! Perfect!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Being able to pursue art for art's sake.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

As above...

I can stay home and play my jazz guitar every morning now instead of standing alone at the subway station a 6am with Awake magazines in my hand being completey ignored for 4 hours..

• flipper
    flipper

Indeed , I agree with what some others here have said. I treasure having my freedom of mind and freedom of movement since exiting the JW " false" (not the " truth " at all ) organization 11 years ago. I met a great lady on E-Harmony.com and married her 8 years ago. I have a wonderful 29 yr.old son who I an very close to as not just a father but a friend . He and his girlfriend are really cool people. Have REALLY enjoyed not having to get up on weekends Saturday OR Sundays to go to ridiculously mind numbing field service or meetings. aving to give our weekends up was VERY disgruntling to me. So I've really enjoyed having more free time off to pursue my business OR just pursue hobbies and interests.

And those interests involve camping, hiking in the mountains , photography, cutting firewood for the winter months, any outdoor activities. Growing an organic vegetable and fruit garden has been REALLY fun and enjoying the healthy produce once it ripens. I've really gotten into playing guitar and singing and writing songs. With the help of my son ( who plays some lead guitar ) and my high school best friend ( who plays bass guitar ) we were able to produce my very first ever album called " Freedom of Mind " . I've enjoyed playing paying gigs now at old folks assisted living facilities for 3 months now . It's really enjoyable seeing the happiness on their faces when listening to music as they don't get much entertainment in some of those care facilities. THey appreciate anything they can get !

So yeah, life is good, life is wonderful- sure I still go through the stresses of living like any other person , but not having the added burden of being judged or being made to feel that I have to judge others when I don't need to - is a very freeing feeling. Live and let live is my motto. Add peace to people's lives , try not to disturb the peace in others lives , and live my life in peace and happiness as much as possible and take the time to stop and smell the roses in our lives along the way- something we were not allowed to do as Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm not a slave anymore to the WT Society these last 11 years and that's something to REALLY be happy about

• jam
    jam

I have met new friends, same as Flipper I have learn to play the guitar and

singing, a fair golfer and met the most wonderful lady it's been 20 years

together.The most enjoyable experience bartendering, met a lot

of women, before I met my love of my life...

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

I work with 4 JW's from cuba who are really great people. Just bigtime delusional! It is a reminder everytime I ask J (one of the cubans) to go riding with my buds and he says he has to go to the meetings. Sure would screw Thursday night bike night if I was still delusional myself.

Speedracer

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Many of the things mentioned above are such a joy to me, all under the heading of Freedom !!

One freedom I particularly enjoy is spending time with ex-JW's who are DF'd, Mrs Phizzy and I have a number of now very dear friends who are in this category. The W.T would deny us such friendships.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit