Spirituality is innate!

by Pinku 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

On seeing the horrifying scene of world trade centre being attacked and knowing the pain of those trapped in and their loved ones, not only in New York but across the world millions of people turned into silence, prayer, and meditation. They gathered on the streets, lit candles, wrote condolence, anything to feel solidarity and to spread a wave of love. Churches, temples, mosques and retreat centers were flooded with people seeking to raise their consciousness beyond the senseless killing to a higher, more noble plane. People INSTINCTIVELY turned to the unseen and intangible for their support. It is a silent acknowledgement of what has always been known, namely, that spiritual power can unite, and heal, and transcend the powers of darkness.

This is not the specialty of tragic times only. Even at the height of material prosperity too people may suddenly feel disillusioned and turn to their original nature of being spiritual as happened in the case of ancient people like Buddha …. and in the case of modern people like Bill Gates … Because all are seeking happiness without knowing that it is their very nature, hence they turned extrovert. It’s only a matter of time one will turn spiritual when he doesn’t get what he is looking for from outside! For this to happen a God-appointed channel is not required (which will only create some authoritarians, not spiritual people!) People have to learn from experience [own or of others]. (Galatians 6:7) Yet people are not supposed to cross the limit as He has appointed “His minister” with a sword (Romans 13:1-6)

• xchange
    xchange

Funny, deluding oneself into thinking that spirituality actually exists is disillusioning in itself.

Nice try though.

• Pinku
    Pinku

xchange,

Thank you for that.

It's only a matter of time that you WILL develop a balanced view contrary to the one you expressed now.

• xchange
    xchange

I like the capitals 'WILL'. Sounds like familiar mind control techniques. But go on, I'm amused. Pray tell, how will I eventually come around to your way of thinking?

But first, define spirituality and then explain how I can be like you.

• Viviane
    Viviane

It is a silent acknowledgement of what has always been known, namely, that spiritual power can unite, and heal, and transcend the powers of darkness.

What is spiritual power? How is it measured? What is it made of? What darkness? What can it unite? Can it heal a missing limb?

• sunny23
    sunny23

Xchange "Traditionally spirituality has been defined as a process of personal transformation in accordance with religious ideals. Since the 19th century spirituality is often separated from religion, and has become more oriented on subjective experience and psychological growth. It may refer to almost any kind of meaningful activity or blissful experience."

This is the next book I will be starting, I hear great things about it. It's from an atheist neuroscientist on spirituality without religion. You probably already know of Harris though. http://www.samharris.org/waking-up

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Didn't work though did it. That so called spiritual collectivity and conciousness has not improved the world one single tiny bit. In fact since 9/11 the world is a far more dangerous and wicked place then it's ever been. Just watch the news.

Collective thinking what ever it's form does nothing at all. Think of the billions of people every day willing and wishing to be rich. Yet the wealth of the world remains firmly in the hands of the !%.

• nicolaou
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Churches, temples, mosques and retreat centers were flooded with people seeking to raise their consciousness beyond the senseless killing to a higher, more noble plane.

That's a flattering way to put it. One could also say that people were simply afraid and needed a coping mechanism, and they found solace in the rituals of religion just as an obsessive-compulsive person finds comfort in their OCD rituals. The only reason people felt closer to each other for a while after 9/11 is that the instinctual response to an outside threat is to huddle together with one's tribe, and to expand that tribe to encompass more people if possible.

• Onager
    Onager

On seeing the horrifying scene of world trade centre being attacked and knowing the pain of those trapped in and their loved ones,

That's empathy. It's a wonderfully human thing.

Even at the height of material prosperity too people may suddenly feel disillusioned

That just means that prosperity doesn't make people happy. well, Duh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit