Circuit Assembly Summary

by piztjw 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Im with you BU2B!

I get it...our circumstances are so very similar...

Hang in there mate...we are all in this together.

• tornapart
    tornapart

BU2B... don't let it get to you so much!! Chill!!

I'm in a similar boat to you, elder hubby, MS/pioneer son (still at home). You have to let her know how you feel without letting all that negativity come out. Reach her natural persona, appeal to it. Even the most hardedned JW has a natural side! I have my mum to stay sometimes and she's full on, I change the subject to lots of other things, it can be done as long as you don't let the JW stuff get to you.

I know at the assembly is a bad time, we've just had our RC but take a deep breath, get through it and when it's over just put it behind you. Meetings too much? Don't go. FS too much? Don't go. Do something fun instead, let your wife see you having fun instead of drinking yourself into oblivion.

You can get through it! Like me and many others are having to!

Piztjw.. thanks for the summary. LOL!

• piztjw
    piztjw

I wonder if you could count the number of times they mention the name Jesus on one hand?

Actually, I did try to keep track.

While I don't have an exact count, I do know for a fact that the name Jesus was mentioned fewer times than I could count on one hand. The name Jehovah, somewhat more than that, but likley less than countable on two hands. JW.Org...I lost count somewhere between first stand and sing and last stand and sing of the morning. The only phrase used more than JW.Org was "governing body".

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

JW's have standards now as set out by the GB to praise God. It won't be any different in the "new world". There will always be standards of conduct, dress and grooming, and where and how to live passed on to the survivors forever through appointed men.

Sounds like my idea of paradise.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And all bad advice. There are things most people are going to wish they would have bought, and damn soon. What are they going to do the next time a storm knocks out their electricity for a few days? Ask yourself--If the electricity goes off for even the evening tonight, would I have enough items to be able to get through it? And, if you have funds to donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, could you use the same amount of funds to buy silver and gold? It still hurts, but at least you will have the comfort of knowing you have hyperinflation insurance.

I don't see what's so damn wrong with looking good--unless they are soon to start their attack on sexuality within the next few months. I am looking for a Kool-Aid or a Grand Boasting Session to that effect. If you are 40, why should you show it? If you are able to look 16, by all means do. Within reason (and crash dieting is not "within reason"), people that are fat should strive to lose weight in a healthy way. Those who are out of shape should strive, again within reason, to get back in shape. Not only you will look better now, but you will be in better health 20 years from now. If you are starting to get fat in your late 30s and start getting into shape, you will disrupt the process. When you are 60, you will probably still be somewhat fat. But, if you do nothing, you are more likely to become very fat instead. And you are more likely to have health issues because of it.

Yes, there should always be standards. But standards that make sense. Dressing up should not be required. It is not always reasonable to have very short hair--though there is nothing against it if you choose (and, some people find it to their advantage to keep their hair short). You should be making yourself as appealing and comfortable as reasonably possible, not trying to be prudish. Standards that are prudish generally are at the expense of comfort and attractiveness. Yes, wear clothing that is reasonably clean and in good condition. Yes, buy quality clothing that is easy to care for. But, why waste the time on suits and dresses that are hot (or, as many "sisters" out in field circus at -40 temperatures, freezing)? There is no need to look like an old fogey when you are only 30 years old. And if you are a bit chubby, why not do what you can to make it enhance your appeal instead of looking frumpy because of it?

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Damm.... I missed it....went on a motorcycle ride!

I did contribute though.. $17.40 in gas, $12.70 in beer and a hot dog .

Rode through heavy rain with my buds , so guess I also saw 5 baptized, they were soaked,,

Gratful I made it back befor the GT started... If the world is still here next weekend I shall go again,

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I attended that same assembly.....40 years ago!!! Way to press the refresh button Society!

• Onager
    Onager

BU2B, your post made me sad. Please accept one internet hug.

And keep an eye on that drinking bro. It's dangerous!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

That isn't true Separation of Powers, there was no JW.org then!

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

Ducatijoe,

One bike ride is worth more then all of the assemblies put together. Kickstand up, lets go!

Speedracer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit