Circuit Assembly Summary

by piztjw 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

I thought to give a more comprehensive summary, however this pretty well sums up the entire wasted day.

Stand and sing.

Prayer thanking the GB.

Only JW's will survive "the end".

Do more. Preach more. Indoctrinate your children more. Give more to other "brothers" and "sisters". Get those who have awakened to go back to sleep.

Sing another song.

Announcement: It cost a great amount to put this show on. Give, give, give, until it hurts. Show self-sacrifice.

Don't do anything that gives you a sense of self worth, or satisfaction. Preach more. You really should be pioneering. The end is "just around the corner".

Dunking talk.

Stand and sing again. (Golf clap as five young teen-age born-ins file out.)

Mad rush to get prime spot at the very few available tables and chairs for noon dinner.

Sing a song, and pray thanking God for everything and the GB.

How can you tell right from wrong? The GB will tell you. No need to try to discern on your own.

WT Summary. Think and act in lock-step with what the GB suggest order. Blind obedience is good. Thinking ability is bad.

Sing another song. Announcement: We haven't collected much but still sent a few thousand to "mother" and now we have a (perpetual) deficit. We are confident you will be self-sacrificing and give more.

Don't worry about jobs, housing, health etc. Do more and God will take care of you.

Don't buy things.

Don't try to remain youthful. Especially middle-aged "sisters". Don't dress young, Don't groom young. After all what is middle age in the course of forever? (I guess that is why the greater majority of over thirty year old female JW's look like unkempt, overweight, unhealthy, homeless bag-ladies)

Don't get involved in any way with anyone who is not a JW, whether dating, work, or even family members. (Not isolationist much is that?)

God only loves JW's. GT is "very close" and when it starts it will be too late for any who are not JW's to live.

JW's have standards now as set out by the GB to praise God. It won't be any different in the "new world". There will always be standards of conduct, dress and grooming, and where and how to live passed on to the survivors forever through appointed men.

Sing another song. Prayer thanking god for food at the right time through the GB. Another polite golf clap.

Mad rush for the parking lot to get on the road home.

Of course all this was liberally sprinkled with frequent mentions of jw.org!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Mad rush for the parking lot to get on the road home.

What, you didn't stay after for two hours waiting for people to move so you can clean the auditorium, and show your appreciation for jokehova and all his provisions? I so don't miss any of that BS.

• naazira
    naazira

Same thing every year, just with a different title lol Thank you for the post!

• millie210
    millie210

What, you didn't stay after for two hours waiting for people to move so you can clean the auditorium, and show your appreciation for jokehova and all his provisions? I so don't miss any of that BS.

Ah tootired, that was always my "role" for the last 30 years.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Darn it - You've spoi led it for me!

Now I know EXACTLY what I'll be missing when I don't show up for the first assembly I'll be refusing to attend.

Ah well, there's always the next one!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Glad I missed it, sorry you didn't.

But thanks for reminding me why I needn't go any more.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Ah tootired, that was always my "role" for the last 30 years.

Wow 30 years you put up with that crap, you've got some serious perseverance. I did it for about 5 years. Somehow our group never did get rotated to doing the stage area, it was always the same congregation that had that. Those jackasses, were done and outta there in 20 mins tops. I wonder who they paid off to keep that assignment.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wonder if you could count the number of times they mention the name Jesus on one hand?

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was there yesterday. I drank 3/4 of a bottle of wine I had stashed in the trunk, took naps in the car, walked around the building, and anything else I could not to be inside. It truly is the exact same vomit every assembly, and has been for decades. When they kept talking about how the end is sssoooo cloose, All I kept thinking is how the WT has been saying this for 140 years!! There has never been a time when this was not said! I listened to Charles Sinutkos "serving with everlasting life in view" talk from 1968 better known as "stay alive til 75" so much of the same rhetoric, only now people dont take them quite as seriously.

What was especially hard for me was seeing the idiot audience nodding their head like little zombie bobblehead dolls accepting the vomit hurled at them greatfully. I hate their little corny soliloquies and demos. No young man would tell a attractive schoolmate that he cant date her because of the "bibles moral standards" Even if he didnt accept her invite, he would have come up with some lame exuse. I know because that was me. So many wasted opportunintes. So sad to see people buy into the same lies year after year decade after decade.

I am getting worse at hiding my true feelings. The whole time I sat there I looked up not 1 scripture, sang not one song, not even lip synching like I used to. They make me sick. I cannot put on a happy front anymore. Its not that I dont want to, its that I can no longer force my lips into a smile. I hate being there and it is obvouios.

My wife noticed my attitude, and commented that I seemesd on edge. I told her I feel like I am going to have a anxiety attack. It is so hard to be a loving husband to someone who is such a mind numbed drone. The latest apostate articles have not helped anything. I audibly scoffed througought the apostate WT summary. I am starting to drink heavily, more than I would like but its the only way my chest stops hurting and I feel somewhat relaxed and calm. I am starting to feel 24/7 the way I used to only at the KH. The stress is spreading, and my marriage is breaking down. We were silent on the whole ride home yesterday. The minute we talk and things go an "apostate" direction, she shuts down the conversation. Everything is JW oriented with her. It consumes her. Our communication is shot. I am not in a marriage.

Stay tuned for more updates from me because they are on the way.. I can smell it.

• steve2
    steve2

BU2B. I can't imagine what you're going through. It just sounds so tough. Unlike the organization, time is on your side, there is no urgency - so whatever you feel the need to do, slow yourself down. There is no emergency. You are better than allowing an organization to stress you into drinking to cope. Rather than seethe, gently allow yourself to breathe, one steady, calm breath after another. I'd recommend learning some mindfulness coping skills - especially those set out in a form of therapy programme called "Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). You can download lots of handy resources from the net on DBT and helpful skills for managing your emotions. Best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit