Discussion with 2 Elders about IS

by Da.Furious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Or............... you could have just reminded him of the directive given to Witnesses 7 years ago?

km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box

"Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt. 24:45, 47.

No, it does not."

• fiddler
    fiddler

Da.Furious, maybe if you see that elder again you can still ask the question 'what's the difference?' Way back when I was newly out my father said something that I bit my lip on and later kicked myself for not saying anything. A few years later I pointedly 'resurected' the topic and asked the hard questions. It didn't change his mind on anything but I felt better for standing up rather than bowing down to their intimidation.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm guessing Da.Furious isn't in a position to say contentious things that will draw suspicion. Besides that, this is a brain-breaking level of irony. I think I would have been speechless too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS operate very similar to just about every other Christian based religion in that the leaders propagate their own self devised bible teachings

and that they have direction from god's holy spirit, people are evaluated by how strongly you adhere to those established doctrines.

The fundamental extremists such as IS have instated a strict observance to the Quran in that unbelieving infidels should be killed and beheaded

and they're doing just that.

Even people who are practicing Muslims who don't want to follow exactly to these extremists directives can find themselves killed for apostasy.

In kind to how the ancient Hebrews dealt with apostasy in their civilization, albeit they stoned those ones to death.

The shocking statement was and I quote: They should be more like us, we have bible discussions and the society helps us through reasoning to

discern what is right and what is wrong.

What he didn't mention is that if a person disagrees with the WTS. established teachings, you were essentially opposing god himself and in

essence spiritually weak.

If you were baptized they would DF you, demonise you and muzzle you from the rest of the congregation,

as a expression of punishment for disagreeing with the faith's doctrines.

The resulting out come is they have a controlled organized group of people who agree in loyalty toward false doctrines,

doctrines which from a practical perspective were commercially inspired to proliferate literature.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The shocking statement was and I quote: They should be more like us, we have bible discussions and the society helps us through reasoning to discern what is right and what is wrong.

I guess that is the clever bit. To have a movement of millions of followers, have them following your every statement , and teach them to believe that to question your words is a sin against God.....And yet still manage to have them fondly imagining that they have been convinced, by sound reasoning, to their own conclusion - that is really successful mind control......

• Oogie
    Oogie

FFS, talk about conflicting beliefs. Whatever that Elder is smoking, take it away.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Are you sure that elder isn't awake to TTATT and was actually trying to expose the similarities between JWs and IS on the sly, by means of a kind of subtle, hidden sarcasm?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit