Reverse Shunning

by exwhyzee 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great reverse shun and a dab of TaTT too, anyway can you post your experiance or put up a link, I have never read about it..

• millie210
    millie210

exwhyZ! Hi there...

Your story made such a powerful impression on me I have never forgotten it.

I absolutely love your conversation in Home Depot.

It was perfect.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Best story I hear all day. I always wonder if I would have the sam courage as you displayed in a spur of the moment event. Good job!

• Simon
    Simon

Great job !

• steve2
    steve2

Well you actually did better than a reverse shun: You had the human decency to explain to them your rationale AND you didn't need to be told to do it by anyone else. You did it because it was the right and proper thing to do.

You did a damn fine job! Oh, and I hope your evening at the boss's place went really well!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Love, Love, Love this! Epic!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks guys, yes, our son is Cancer free. His scans come back clear and they say he should have no further problems.

As you can imagine, as I walked down that aisle in the Home Depot with thier eyes burning into the back of my head, it seemed as though I'd never get to the end of it. You see, when I left the "truth" it was out of sheer hurt and disbelief that such a thing could happen to my family at the hands of people we held in such high regard. Weren't we all prepared to die for one another? Yes...and you don't just shake that mindset off overnight either, at least I didn't but they obviously can do so quite easily, when it suits them.

At first when I encountered JW's I had known, I was my same old self, didn't want to burn any bridges or make things worse than they were. These days I know the full scope of what has been going on for decades in terms of injustices done and damage wrought on entire families all over the world at the hands of these ingnorant misguided men. I've gained the courage of conviction that occurs when ones understanding of a situation is made clear by not only the test of time but with facts and evidence from multiple sources that make any uncertainty one has about a situation fade into the background.

I've come to realize that one of, if not THE hardest things about being an ex JW is that you don't get a chance to tell your story. You have no voice...they dont' want to hear it. THEYhold all the cards, THEY call all the shots...THEYhave all the answers and you are the pitiful sap who has let "the Devil" get to you and has turned his back on Jehovah. You are the one that is on the outside and whose life will soon fall to pieces without them. Won't they be just too glad when you come crawling back?

I had rehearsed that very scene so many times in my head especially when I thougt about how I had been tiptoeing around their feelings whenever I saw some of them. Doing so even though they won't so much as acknowledge that things were handled badly in our situation. Call it pride, call it vanity, but I was glad that they were the grubby ones that day and I was the clean and presentable one who is doing well, heading out for an evening with noteworthy people and that our lives hadn't fallen apart without their little cult and in fact has in most ways gotten better. Most of all, I was glad to turn the tables on them and show them that even here at the Home Depot they aren't the only ones with principals to uphold.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Maybe that is what more of us should do when faced with begrudgingly token acknowledgments. They thought they were doing you a favor by greeting you.

I liked the way you let them know they were not acceptable association for you.

You got to be the one who decided. Great example.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

This is fantastic! Great job

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

I think what is amazing is how you calmly said everything you needed to say. Not sure I could ever have that kind of grace under pressure.

Just terrific!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit