What's "THE END" going to look like?

by Coded Logic 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

I think they will replace their beliefs as they have many times in the past and they will have a certain amount of membership churn as a result but most "believers" will simply switch what they believe to the new truth as they often do.

The reality is that most JWs don't really knowwhat they are supposed to believe and don't really believe the things anyway which is why switching when they are told isn't so disruptive as we imagine it should be.

It's increasingly a lifestyle religion and social club so as long as they keep things 'easy' they will continue. The people who don't like the new beliefs will be replaced with new members who find the new beliefs appealing.

The days of hardcore JWs in it for the biblical analysis and search for truth are long gone. There are probably a few scattered atround but now it's all about media, presentation and slick delivery and above all else - profitability ... branches and congs that are too difficult are closed down.

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

while most of us would like to seeing the organisation suddenly burning down in front of an angry mob, i feel that unfortunatly it will just wither away into obscurity like the salvation army and the other adventist faiths out there. what we should see from the society's history with things like the "tail waging the dog" prophecies, the mexican cultural scandel and the blood concessions, is that the GB are willing to burn doctrine, people and anything else when it suits their needs. They are not that dumb to let their money bleed out to nothing. and so it if means that the organisation has to shrink to one complex and have the website is maintained on some server in india, thats what they'll do. of course no one knows the timing of these things but with every change they have made, it has only has enboldened them to make more and so i'm sure we have'nt seen the end of interesting times.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Complete end will never happen. I belong to a group of futurists. With the tech advanced due in the next decade, they will encounter more difficulty. More of the planet will have internet access, controversial stem cell and gene therapies going mainstream, Armagheddon still not coming, better scientifically educated masses and more information available, transhumanism, etc, will all make it incresingly hard to maintain membership in the Western World. However, poor, ignorant, gullible people in third world countries? Those would buy anything. Plus, even if the WT corp would lose everything and everyone, big deal, they'd just rebrand themselves into a new religion and get new slaves. You know what they say, "there's a fool born every minute". Plus, I've noticed that a lot of people are just in for the social aspect. For them, it's more of a social club. A place where you get a chance at making many friends, being popular, social activities, etc. I could see this religion becoming mainly a lifestyle thing in the relatively near future.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

I've noticed that a lot of people are just in for the social aspect. For them, it's more of a social club. A place where you get a chance at making many friends, being popular, social activities, etc. I could see this religion becoming mainly a lifestyle thing in the relatively near future.

Cookiemaster,

Bingo! Nothing more, nothing less. A big buffet where what's liked/applicable is accepted and the rest is just ignored by most; exactly what the Org is to many a JW today.

GC

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who thinks the WBT$ is Circling the Drain,is Fooling Themselves..

The WBT$ scored big time ReBranding to JW.ORG.....The WBT$ is making a comeback with hard core JW`s..

Theres JW.ORG Merchandise for Sale,Trinkets and Souvieners of all kinds..Hats,Umbrellas,Pens,Gift Bags,Key Chains..Ect..ect..

Field service was never easier..You stand by a WBT$ Literature Cart,a Speed Bump could do the same job..

WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes show up at Huge WBT$ Events,wearing JW.ORG Pins(Idolitry is fine now)..Some sign Autographs..

..............................................THIS IS THE NEW WATCHTOWER..

....................................THE WBT$ IS BACK JACK AND THATS A FACT!!..

................https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vnDa053tS0c/0.jpg

...................................................................................................................................Image ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The way the WTS had constructed the organization in its high control operation of its followers, I only see a slow dropping off of adherents in modernized countries,

with a slow growth occurring in third world countries.

The WTS. is never going to openly admit that their organization was created by false misleading doctrines, Jah would never allow that.

So those folks who think the WTS, is going vanish in the near future , don't hold your breath.

There is a too much created in numbers and functioning operations for the WTS heads just to give all up and let it go.

The control of over a billion dollars world wide is another deciding factor and was it not the fact that the WTS. had a accumulative amount of money stored up by

C T Russell, which enticed J Rutherford to take control of the WTS. himself back in the day ? $$$

• JosephP
    JosephP

God says all false religions will fall over night...they are all false...even the WT. What satan will do is destroy the concept of God. Only those who serve God out of love will stay with him. The rest will turn away. I understand people leaving religions because they are false. I don't understand why many have left God because the religions are false?

• JosephP
    JosephP

Finkelstein,

Russell was never a part of the WT. Russell started The Bible Students, which is still around. Rutherford was the printing end, and he broke off, took many members, and started what is now the WT. The people (today) follow the teaching of Russell...who was also off on his own trip. To be a part of the Bible Students you must follow what Russell was teaching, or they won't let you stay. same old song nad dance as the WT...they also sell Russells books.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Russell was never a part of the WT. Russell started The Bible Students

What ?

Yes I'm aware of Russell's involvement with the IBSA but he was also the head editorial executive directer (President) of the WTS..

Theologies changed slightly when the WTS. publishing house was taken over by Rutherford when Russell died.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I think that the GB will eventually make the mistake of issuing some doctrine or rule that is so harsh and unreasonable that even the most brainwashed followers will rebel. After that, the genie will be out of the bottle and can't be put back in. JWs will suddenly see the Organization as just another oppressive man-made racket. Once this happens, the JWs will spiral downhill quickly, except in the most backward areas. This will happen, it's just a matter of WHEN. If the GB are given enough rope, they will hang themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit