What's "THE END" going to look like?

by Coded Logic 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

Coded Logic

Thank you for this. In fact this is what I was planning to post!

The Illusion of Unanimity and Self Censorship" captures the true picture! Meltdown will begin in its own time. I know some who left JWs on some excuse—yet their real reason was their well-founded doubt: What if WT System fails? This will definitely happen in large scale, it will happen like Berlin Wall collapse.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with keyser soze.

I think the next three or so years are going to be telling. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the 100-year-anniversary hype dies off. I think we will see stagnation and then apathy and decline. The availabilty of knowledge has killed the prospects for recruting of the intelligent & well-read.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's hard to believe that people still stay up late and buy cheap crap from the Home Shopping Channel, or respond to Craigslist scammers by actually giving them personal info, but it happens. There is no shortage of ignorant people who are too lazy or too afraid to take responsibility for their own lives.

As GC ( whale tail or whale of a tale ) says, it's not about what's true or right, it's about party affiliation. As long as that deep seated lack of love for TRUTH exists, as long as fear of TRUTH runs rampant, the WTBTS will exist in some form. It may mutate or "evolve" into some other parasitic entity ( JW.ORG ), but it can exist as long as the ignorant sycophants long for a Wizard behind the curtain. It may be unrecognizable in 20 years, but as long as it's a corporation that makes money in the Real Estate market, it can survive.

I personally hope a HUGE scandal brings it crashing down. I hope there is weeping and a gnashing of teeth. I want to see grown men break down and cry in the streets because MOTHER is a tramp. I want to see the shocked and bewildered look of shame in the eyes of the Eldubs As they see their GB/Idols crumble. I want to look down on them and say, " REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN."

I would never do that of course. I leave that thinking and behavior to extremist END TIMES "religions" who desire the destruction if countless billions of humans. I would try to help anyone who realizes the painful reality of the WTBTS's lies and deceit. That's what separates good people from religious zealots. It's not just about " Party affiliation", it's about TRUTH. If you claim to any type of "true Xian" and you care more about "Party affiliation" than TRUTH, what makes you think Jesus wants you in his kingdom? You are nothing but a delusional modern day Pharisee. If you don't love TRUTH, according to Jesus, YOU WILL BE LED ASTRAY.

DD

• a watcher
    a watcher

"Find your niche within and be happy; get out, leave it behind and be happy; either way you go, be happy."---Gustv

I agree. What good is life without happiness?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I use the scriptures to help give some insight on what the end should be like:

Isaiah 66:5-6

5 Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame." 6 There is a sound of uproar out of the city, a sound out of the temple! It is the sound of Jehovah repaying what is deserved to his enemies. (keep reading this chapter)

that are excluding YOU by reason of my name ---- [Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

Romans 9:26-28

26 and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’" 27 Moreover, Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Although the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant that will be saved. 28  For Jehovah will make an accounting on the earth, concluding it and cutting it short."

‘YOU are not my people,’ ----- [Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

Revelation 11:13

13 And in that hour a great earthquake occurred, and a tenth of the city fell; and seven thousand names of men were killed by the earthquake, and the rest became frightened and gave glory to the God of heaven.

seven thousand names of men were killed ----- [Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

Ezekiel 43:7-9

"Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I shall reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to time indefinite; and no more will they, the house of Israel, defile my holy name, they and their kings, by their fornication and by the carcasses of their kings at their death, 8  by their putting their threshold with my threshold and their doorpost beside my doorpost, with the wall between me and them. And they defiled my holy name by their detestable things that they did, so that I went exterminating them in my anger. 9  Now let them remove their fornication and the carcasses of their kings far from me, and I shall certainly reside in the midst of them to time indefinite.

they and their kings -- anointed who partake at the memorial -- eat and drink with the drunkards

Now back to Isaiah Ch 66:

Isaiah 66:23-24

"And it will certainly occur that from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath all flesh will come in to bow down before me," Jehovah has said. 24  "And they will actually go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men that were transgressing against me; for the very worms upon them will not die and their fire itself will not be extinguished, and they must become something repulsive to all flesh."

abe

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

There won't be an 'End' per say, just a continuous evolution of sorts. It's been like this for years. I mean, for JWs that quit during the 70s/80s fiascos, coming back has meant to realizing it's a totally new entity, with some few basic still unchanged teachings, but still sooooo different that they have to learn it all over again. For crying out loud, even the stronghold of the 'no blood' doctrine has been relaxed!

The Org has evolved so much that now it has created similar apathy to what the members of other religions show; take for example the Catholics, so many of them just show up to their worship during Easter and Christmas mass, many just a few more times each year, nothing serious. Well, that same attitude is among so many a JWs today that it's really sobering. Even the new recruits aren't as strong anymore, just very relaxed and going with the flow.

Personally, I rather enjoy it that way. So many like me inside that it has made it a very comfortable place for us kindred spirits.

GC

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its not going anywhere.

140 years of delusional tripe and yet it still grows.

Their product isn't offered by apostates, we don't have a bottle of everlasting life in exchange for their time. A certain segment of the population will do anything to avoid death.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Zoos - "...fizzling out to irrelevancy would be a pretty shameful way to die for an organization as haughty as the WT."

Historically, groups that fizzle have a tendendy to stay fizzled, too, whereas groups that go out in a blaze of glory sometimes enjoy a comeback.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "I personally hope a HUGE scandal brings it crashing down. I hope there is weeping and a gnashing of teeth. I want to see grown men break down and cry in the streets because MOTHER is a tramp. I want to see the shocked and bewildered look of shame in the eyes of the Eldubs As they see their GB/Idols crumble. I want to look down on them and say, 'REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN.'"

Gosh, Data, don't hold back...

...tell us how you really feel.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I personally hope a HUGE scandal brings it crashing down. I hope there is weeping and a gnashing of teeth. I want to see grown men break down and cry in the streets because MOTHER is a tramp. I want to see the shocked and bewildered look of shame in the eyes of the Eldubs As they see their GB/Idols crumble. I want to look down on them and say, " REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN."

Yep, that is pretty much what I am convinced is going to happen!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit