Wow, Bill Maher! Way to speak up!

by nonjwspouse 14 Replies latest social current

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

He is speaking up against comparing Muslim extremists with Christian extremists.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/177153-bill-maher-schools-charlie-rose-differences-islam-christianity/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

At least he isn't into making a blanket, broad condemnation of religion as a whole. I give Bill credit for that.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yes FHN I generally don't like Bill, but he got my respect on this one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have to say that I am suprised by this. I generally think of him in ill regard, but this redeems him a bit, in my eyes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He expresed his ideas very well, he spoke the truth, and was not put off by the usual flannel we get about "Not all Muslims are like Isis/Isil".

Of course they are not, no more than all Christians are like the Westboro Baptists.

But the womb that the Evil grows in is the culture and religion that allows it to grow and be born.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good job, Bill.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bill Maher:

“No, that’s not true. Not true. Vast numbers of Christians do not believe that if you leave the Christian religion you should be killed for it.

Although JWs practice the psychological equivallent of murder by disfellowshipping and institutionalized shunning. Also, they would stone "apostates" if they could.

Vast numbers of Christians do not treat women as second class citizens.

Vast numbers of Christians do not believe if you draw a picture of Jesus Christ you should get killed for it.”

• Terry
    Terry

FlyingHighNow: If you watch Bill Maher's movie, RELIGULOUS (ree-lidge-you-luss) you'll see he is actually on the same page with Christopher Hitchens.

Very anti-religion.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Terry, that is why I am surprised to hear this from Bill. Perhaps he is wising up. The extreme of painting all religion with one broad brush is something I don't find any respect for.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I'm glad to see the some liberals are finally starting to wake up to the filth that is Islam. There is something inherently wrong with that religion cult of death, and its issues can't be explained away by just blaming a few radicals. This religions existence will always be a threat unless it's forced to modernize. I believe banning it in America, would be the great first step. I'm sure all the women that are currently subjugated by it would be thrilled to be emancipated from it. Eff Islam.

Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog.
    Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit