JW Disfellowshipping Is Cruel

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I would add regarding the Amish that they are even more isolated from the world outside their communities than jws.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The fear of it keeps their numbers up...so many are so afraid to leave under those consequences.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are a Jewish sect, not Christian.

Actually the JWS is a convecting blend of both, with emphasis on Adventism Christian theology , preaching the Gospel as it were.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Blonde I live close to an Amish community and have read a number of books about them along with the TV show you mentioned. What is so sad they are not equiped to live in the outside world so when they leave most can't even drive a car and they have no idea how to live in society because they are so isolated. Many of them end up in serious car accidents because they don't understand it is not like driving a horse and buggy. From what I have read most go back because they can't function in this society.

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, keep them ignorant. They won't want to go elsewhere. where else could they go???? Sound familiar??

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

It's the religious equivalent of Berlin Wall politics ... "they will stay our subjects if we make it too hard to leave".

Look what happened to that wall. Some things are simply unsustainable.

Excellent point, Simon. But it's sobering to realize that many East Germans never wished to go the West...and freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit