I put the kingdom first! Now look what happened...

by Julia Orwell 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• Syme
    Syme

Julia, excellent poem! Well done :)

• NotNew
    NotNew

it was just ok for me...it could of been great...but the writer chose to attack the male gender also...the husband. So was the husband the problem or?

I put the kingdom first;
    The boy was a pioneer
    But after the wedding day
    I was only worth his sneer. 
    I put the kingdom first
    And never made a sound
    I kept up wifely submission
    While he slapped me around.

I put the kingdom first
    And never had a job 
    My husband cheated and then left
    Me without even two bob.

• If she truly put the kingdom first, and not married! No man problems... No children to shun....see...now there would be a valid complaint.

Not diminishing the abuse that women suffer but put the blame where it belongs...being raised or controlled by cult leaders.

I have on my protective gear...so hit me!

SW

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The problem was not with the gender per se but with the fact that she had to be quiet while she was being abused. It draws on the knowledge that the JWs have of pioneers, that they are exemplary Christians, but she finds out he is not what he appears to be. She could never have known at that age...definitely not an attack on the male gender. Only as female, I best write from a woman's perspective.

Blondie, yes I am Sheree Stokell. We probably already know each other on Facebook! I used to hide my identity, but 1) I trust y'all not to out me; and 2) I don't care anymore if I am outed. I have no more ties with the cult.

• flipper
    flipper

JULIA- Pretty powerfulpoem. Thanks for posting. Very honest and real indeed

• MissFit
    MissFit

Not new: how would you write it from a man's

point of view? :

I put the kingdom first she was a pioneer

But after the wedding day,

I was only worthy of her sneer.

I put the kingdom first

I tried to be the spiritual head

She would just laugh at me

and kick me out of bed.

(With apologies to Julia)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

None needed. It goes both ways. Only I could not create am androgynous character because one does not exist. Women jws can be just as bad. I did not mean to rag on men but jws and their hypocrisy.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Julia: the hypocrisy and the futility came across loud and clear. I think it touched a cord in a lot of people. Thanks for expressing it so well.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi Julia, how is the bird story coming? I cant wait for the next installment. 😍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit