Where Will Jesus Come When He Comes?

by Cold Steel 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Your 2000 years too late he already came back for the 1st century faithful ones who now rule with him in thenew jerusalem. He will though appear in those who seek him, the unveiling /reaveling of him within you is waht will take place if you ask

http://youtu.be/phr4AVao1mQ

• designs
    designs

Cold Steel, take a course in Judaism, preferably from a local rabbi....

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Viviane: He had no wife, no girlfriend, traveled around in a dress with 12 other dudes and had a flair for the dramatic.

Actually, you may be incorrect on every single one of these assertions. His wife may have been Mary Magdalen, at least according to one ancient document (photo below) in which Jesus refers to Mary as his "spouse." Even though this is the only document using the term in that context, there are many other extra-biblical accounts where Jesus certainly treats Mary as a wife. Another document says that Jesus kissed Mary on the mouth, while other documents show tension among Jesus' own apostles, relating that they were jealous that Jesus shared the mysteries of the Kingdom more freely with her than with them.

It's also well attested that Jesus had a number of female followers. His close knit group often caused the Romans and others to refer to early Christianity as a cult. Christians see Jesus as the Messiah, and the head of an actual church (the word is used repeatedly in the New Testament). But historians such as Pliny always saw Jesus as we see David Koresch. But as the church grew and began spreading, Jesus was seen as simply another manifestation of the One God, and the notion of Jesus being married was as completely unthinkable as the Father being married. But where was there ever a father without a mother? Or a son without both? Why would God use the "Father" and "Son" metaphors if those metaphors were incomplete. The early Jews, before Josiah's reforms, worshipped both a male and female version of God. (Methodist scholar Margaret Barker has written about this as well as the early Hebrew belief that Yahweh was a son of the Father-God, and was not the Father.) Her book, The Great Angel: A Study of Israel's Second God is described as:

What did "Son of God," "Messiah," and "Lord," mean to the first Christians when they used these words to describe their beliefs about Jesus? In this book Margaret Barker explores the possibility that, in the expectations and traditions of first-century Palestine, these titles belonged together, and that the first Christians fit Jesus' identity into an existing pattern of belief. She claims that pre-Christian Judaism was not monotheistic and that the roots of Christian Trinitarian theology lie in a pre-Christian Palestinian belief about angels--a belief derived from the ancient religion of Israel, in which there was a "High God" and several "Sons of God." Yahweh was a son of God, manifested on earth in human form as an angel or in the Davidic King. Jesus was a manifestation of Yahweh, and was acknowledged as Son of God, Messiah, and Lord. Barker relies on canonical and deutero-canonical works and literature from Qumran and rabbinic sources to present her thoughtful investigation.

If the concept of an apostasy is true, it's likely that many things once believed and held holy would shock us today. Oh, and Jesus did not have a flair for the dramatic...just the opposite. Now, Moses, he had a flair for the dramatic!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Designs: Cold Steel, take a course in Judaism, preferably from a local rabbi....

Hmmm...according to Jesus and many New Testament scholars, the rabbis are the last people you'd want to ask. They missed all the obvious signs that Jesus was the Messiah, and the only rabbis who knew anything technically about the Old Testament are long dead. Moses also never established the office of rabbi (an office Jesus held). They didn't hold the priesthood, so they are much like modern scholars and leaders with no real authority. And keep in mind that when Zachariah saw the angel in the temple, the Jews had not received a single revelation for more than four hundred years! That's how long they had been without a prophet. Jesus was a prophet, a high priest not after the order of Aaron, but of Melchizedek; he was not only the Son of the Father, but the incarnation of Yahweh, the great mediator between the Father and mankind.

So what could a rabbi tell me about Judaism? As I indicated, the Jews with be converted at the time of the Second Coming. I don't mean to put them down, but they have no access to information that everyone else does. Even so, I'd probably take such a course if there was one. The rabbis I've known not only are educated, they have great senses of humor.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Prologos - princes house was not good enough anyway.

Do you mean Prince's house, or the House of Princes? I hear Prince's house is quite nice, fit for a King.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Actually, you may be incorrect on every single one of these assertions. His wife may have been Mary Magdalen, at least according to one ancient document (photo below) in which Jesus refers to Mary as his "spouse."

You are literally claiming Jesus had no wife and his wife was Mary Magadalene.

WTF?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Actually, you may be incorrect on every single one of these assertions. His wife may have been Mary Magdalen, at least according to one ancient document (photo below) in which Jesus refers to Mary as his "spouse."

So Jesus, according to you, was married AND having they gay sex?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Please read my posts sometime before you take your medications.

I'm saying that Jesus Christ may have indeed been married. I'm also saying that it's highly likely that God has a spouse. The word Elohim, used in the book of Genesis has God (plural, Gods) creating man in God's image, male and female. They said, "Man has become as one of us." The use of the family metaphor may be more than a metaphor. God is the "father" of Adam and Jesus. Jesus was the only Son of God born into mortality. If God is the father of all of our spirits, and we are his sons and daughters, the only missing element is a mother.

A metaphor of Father and Son is incomplete without there being a mother. I could be all wrong, but I'm saying that there's a lot we don't know. Why did God use the Father Metaphor if there's no mother? Read Margaret Barker's piece, referenced above.

We've gotten off the beaten path. That no one has added to the original discussion indicates that the return of Christ is not something taught according to the scriptures by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I wish one would just corner an elder sometime and ask him to explain how and where the return of Christ will be according to the scriptures. I predict the elder would simply shove an elbow in the person's ribs and say he has to go. They have no idea because it's not something the Watchtower has covered.

• caroline77
    caroline77

Interesting point, Cold Steel. When Jesus returns the mount of Olives will split in two. This has not happened yet. I'm sure it will make the news when it happens.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

has to be Hoxton London , the hip place where grown men sport daft beards, wear silly hats and ride around on micro scooters and quaff lattes, live in loft converted wearhouses and listen to music through huge even sillier headphones, it simply cant be anywhere else

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit