On Tattoos

by tim hooper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

I agree that some will be faded looking and will distort over time, that that doesn't mean all tattoos will. Single colour and well placed ones will last and are a reminder to the wearer of such art of something very important to them.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I got my first tattoo at age 54. It is a pink hedgehog on my wrist. They are my life so is not an impulse/drunken decision. It was a hedgehog I drew over a year ago and already use on my fabric care label.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Here's the bottom line on the subject of Tattoos: 'If you want a tattoo, get one! If you don't want a tattoo, don't get one'. End of story!!

• bigmac
    bigmac

i agree with navytown--to each his/her own. if i dont like to see it--i dont look.

but--why not temporary ones ? then you can buy the same thing over and over-----no need to end up looking like a city map. good business opportunity there.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Yep - to each his own. But not everyone realises how ghastly tattoos can look years later. I know a really pretty woman in her 50's who had a tattoo across her front shoulder and breast about 25 years ago. Now it looks like a big blue blot, as though her ink pen has leaked!

• Mikado
    Mikado

I love my tattoos. they represent something very important to me.

when I'm 65 I can guarantee that I'm gonna look pretty ordinary anyway.

my tattoos are part of who I am. I dont regret any of them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mikado - "I love my tattoos. they represent something very important to me. when I'm 65 I can guarantee that I'm gonna look pretty ordinary anyway. my tattoos are part of who I am. I dont regret any of them."

Ditto; same here.

Not to mention that some of the sexiest women on the planet are tattooed.

Heather Moss, anyone?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Anybody ever thought about getting eyeliner tattooed on? Sounds kind of scary so close to the eyeball, but wouldn't likely get distorted with age. Save a lot of money on makeup over the years.

I had a friend who had a nice little floral accent tattooed around her bellybutton. I thought it looked cute. Then she got pregnant one more time and the darn thing morphed into a giant wreath on her stomach!

• Twitch
    Twitch

To each their own

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

would grandpa up there be on the cover of GQ without the tats? I think not. Generally, we all lose our looks as we age, nothing wrong with looking how you like during your best years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit