On Tattoos

by tim hooper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Don't do it. Tattoos may look great for a while on a young person, but as you get older they'll just look plain stupid. Your credibility will fade as you and your tattoo age together. Your skin will be permanently stuck in a timewarp, like some old newspaper headline that once meant something but later becomes meaningless. Not only will tattoos become quickly out of date but they'll sag and distort along with your skin. Just look at someone in their 60's with tattoos and you'll see what I mean.

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

Well, thank you for the... Well, advice I guess.

I have no Tattoos, have expressed interest but will ultimetly probably not go through with it.

I like to think that even the Mistake Tattoos can be reminders of a different period of your life. You can look at it as a positive or negative. But then again, maybe that's just an excuse. Regardless, I presume most are knowledgable that Tattoo's fade with time, and sometimes reak of adolesents.

Still, your post gave me something to think about. So that's cool.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for the PSA

The more you know...................

I agree btw, I've kinda always wanted one, but keep going back to "how stupid will this look when I'm 65"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Look Grandpa has Tattoos.

Don't they look good on him ?

This what a lot people are going to look like in their elderly years.

Including Rock Stars

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I suppose it's a matter of personal perspective. I think 'Grandpa' looks awesome In fact, I think all of these folks look awesome. I think their ink suggests an attitude I hope to carry well into my later years:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!' "

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Most of my tatted friends and acquaintances never had that problem. They died young.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The question remains will Tattoos still be around 10 years from now ?

Is this a fad on its way out ?

Want get to get rich ?

Open a Tattoo removal center, in few years you'll make a killing.

The problem with Tattoos is the surface substrate in which the art is created on is flawed, too absorbent and too prone to stretching out of proportion.

I like skin in its natural appearance myself.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you do get one, make sure it's spelled right.

• bobert
    bobert

Except all the other elderly people will have tattoos

• Comatose
    Comatose

To each his own. I disagree. I'll be getting one soon. I will get them when I am 65 to still feel young. If others think it looks funny who cares? I didn't get them for them. I would have gotten them for ME.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit