Hi! I'm new here

by Powermetal4ever 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Thought I am gonna introduce myself. I am a girl from a country in Europe, and not an english speaking one, so if I am writing strange or something, you know why. Anyway, have been reading here for a while now, the other day I thought it was time to register as a member. I am still a JW, not very active, dont do ministry anymore for example. Its boring and I hate it. I do things that I am sure JWs would say are worldly, but of course I am hiding it in the congegration. Been baptised for almost 10 years now, and I havent progressed much at all, I was a pioneer one month in all those years, hated it. Got baptised mostly because of my mum... my father is in as well, but he wasnt hesitating that I should get baptised.

I never really believed in god, dont know if I do now either. But I am not sure that I can tell her :( Feels like I'm on a masquerade everytime I go to the meeting. I have always hated to sit and listen, even now when I'm fully grown up. Also hate the special clothes you have to wear, never been comfortable in a skirt.

And not to mention the assemblies of all kind, really really boring and a pain in the ass. Recently I have began to doubt even more than ever, partly because of reading here and on other sites. And partly because I have began to understand that there are many other religions and cults that claim they got the "truth". I have read the mormon magazine for example. (dont ask why) And I found a lots of similarities in the way the write and so.

Anyway,I think I gonna write some more here as time goes by, got a lot of thoughts and questions I'd like to share.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, Powermetal! Your English is very good, so no worries there. Yes, it's hard to masquerade but you'll find that many do it for a wide range of legitimate reasons. If you are dependent upon your parents and fear they will kick you out if you are honest about your feelings about this religion, it's understandable why you might want to continue with the charade. Still, it gets harder and harder and it is inevitable that you will either want to be honest or slip up in some way. You want to plan your exit carefully and honorably, especially if you want to maintain communication with your family. Many find that "fading," which is a very slow drifting away, is a good way to go.

You don't say how old you are (and don't divulge anything if it will reveal you) but are you in a position to move out on your own? That will make being honest easier.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. I look forward to your posts.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Welcome to unconditional friendship, nice to have you here!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the forum! You could have fooled me that English may not be your first Language.

My wife and I left many decades ago. Your right it is very boring to read the publications or listen to the talks. There is absolutely no attempt to make any of it interesting. Of course at this time they have flip flopped so many times it is pretty difficult to tolerate anything they say as it could be old news by the end of the year..

A big problem I had when I was in was that The WT over the years has elevated their corporate culture into their beliefs/dogma. They have a pathological need to ignore and discourage any individualism in their believers.They actually believe that a grooming decision or what you wear, even if modest, can demonstrate a lack of spirituality.

This should be a good place to have some discussions that will allow you to determine the kind of life you want to lead.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Thanks cofty! And to you Cadellin, I am 20+, and actually I have moved out, it does make it a bit easier I guess. Although I have quite strong ties with my parents, I mean, they are nice and friendly when it comes to other stuff than the "truth". And I am afraid thats gonna change if I quit totally. About fading, yes, that is something I am thinking about. I have already began it in mind a long time ago.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Powermetal4ever

Jan

• bigmac
    bigmac

hi PM4---welcome to the site. you write English a lot better than millions of english speaking people do.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome powermetal4ever!

Although I like it too, I'm sure the JW's would consider your choice in music not only worldly but much worse :)

It's good that you are out on your own because it makes fading much easier without the added problems of the JW's so called encouragement to go back to meetings.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• naazira
    naazira

Welcome :-) :-) :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit