"Who are we to question /god/?"

by LovelyEunie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

Has anyone had this line said to them when there was questioning involved? Did it irritate you because when questioning did happen that line was almost always used as a shut down to keep you from going any further and to make you feel guilty in the process? Because we're just idiotic and feeble minded human beings, so surely we can't possibly begin to question the likes of god.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I got a better question "Where is God to question us?"

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes, and you are right. It is simply a thought stopper. Hate it!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes. I have heard it said. I do think it is extremely important to question God in ever way and every belief. Otherwise, people would still worship ancient Gods and sacrifice humans to volcanoes. We can only grow past today's ignorance by questioning it.

Firm believers should recognize that their own beliefs typically teach that we were meant to question and prove such beliefs to ourselves and others.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Same here, always used as a put down.

If God gave us intelligence why would he get hissy when we question him & his ways.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The next time someone throws that crap at you, counter their ignorance with Numbers 11:11 and Numbers 16:22.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Idiot: "Who are you to question God?" Nic: "Who are YOU to tell me I can't?"

• Onager
    Onager

"I'm not questioning god, I'm questioning YOU. You're saying that this is true, YOU prove it."

• prologos
    prologos

God praticly BEGS to be questioned. What science is really doing in research is -- asking: "How did you do that?"

How are we to question god? through research.

If WTBTS Inc, JWs do not want to be researched, how are they godlike?

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

My response to the next person who tries to stop me with this is going to be "Hi my name is Eunie and here I am with a load of questions for /god/."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit