When someone hands you a flyer it is like saying ...

by jwfacts 12 Replies latest social humour

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I saw this on pinterest, and it made me think about the great global preaching campaign of August 2014. This is what I think whenever I absentmindedly take a flyer from someone.

When someone hands you a flyer it's like they're saying "here you throw this away." Mitch Hedberg

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Jehovah's Witnesses tracts and other leaflets fall under the category of junk mail and yes almost immediately wind up in the trash!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So so true,In the end I preferred tract campains only because they were brief and the householders seemed

genuinely relieved that you did'nt try to engage them. But I knew how ineffective they were.

Waste of paper, waste of time, waste of energy.

But hey when you have all that free labor, why not exploit it.

• steve2
    steve2

I am likely an outlier, but I never ever take a leaflet from anyone without asking what it's about (and who they represent, if they appear to be political or religious).

The only exception is if the person handing out the leaflet is a nice, well-presented man - then it's a no-brainer: I dutifully take what's on offer and hope his name and number are on the leaflet.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Ahh, Mitch. I loved his standup. RIP.

I take quite a bit of comfort in knowing that 99% of the leaflets/tracts/magazines/whatever that I handed out over the years ended up uncerimoniously thrown away.

• a watcher
    a watcher

When I give someone a tract, I'm saying "Here's your chance for everlasting life. Take it or leave it."

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

a watcher, lol.

"Hi, good day. Here's something to add to your recycling bin."

• steve2
    steve2

Here, please bin this for me. Thanks.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good find jwfacts!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I give someone a tract, I'm saying "Here's your chance for everlasting life. Take it or leave it."

"God is going to condemn to death anyone that does not recognise that the tract contains their chance for everlasting life." That realisation was a bit of a turning point for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit